Diesel Place banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one purchased a HID kit and or installed one?? Is there a better brand than ohters? Any thing I should avoid in the brands? Does the 04 GMC have compatable parts for the Chevy in the head lights?

Thanks

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
The only thing I know of to watch for is make sure you get completely new lamp assemblies and everything. If you just put HID in your existing lamp assemblies the light will not be focuses properly and won't increase as much as you would like.

Asside from that, I have not found anyone who makes an HID setup for GMC's with the full assembly.

·
Registered
134 Posts
What about getting the projector beams out of a Denali and the HID system out of a Escalade? Edited by: Mr. Mister

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
Mr. Mister said:
What about getting the projector beams out of a Denali and the HID system out of a Escalade?

The only thing is, I don't think they will fit the new 03/04 style. And from GM they would be VERY expensive.

·
Registered
505 Posts
denali headlight housing are $150.00 each side online. Thats not including any different bulbs.

·
Registered
819 Posts
I have been reading about a new bulb 9011 and 9012 that are brighter due to an IR coating which relects the IR light back onto th filament making it hotter. The hotter filament gives off more visable light. The ony problem is they are extramly hard to find and ~$40 each. They are not supposed to have the short life of some of the performance bulbs.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I run street glow lights in both my bright/dims since my stockers burned out. They're A LOT more white than the stock ones but not anymore bright.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
chuntag95 said:
I have been reading about a new bulb 9011 and 9012 that are brighter due to an IR coating which relects the IR light back onto th filament making it hotter. The hotter filament gives off more visable light. The ony problem is they are extramly hard to find and ~$40 each. They are not supposed to have the short life of some of the performance bulbs.

I beleive you are describing the Phillips Narva bulbs ...just received a set of Daniel Stern but haven't installed them yet.

·
Registered
819 Posts
tophog said:
I beleive you are describing the Phillips Narva bulbs ...just received a set of Daniel Stern but haven't installed them yet.

I have been emailing him as well. I thought the HIR's were Toshiba. Did you get high and low or just high beams?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Topdog:

Here is what I am running on my 04 Chevy:

Kennedy Harness http://www.kennedydiesel.com/, 9011 high beams, 9006BL low beams.

Got all of the bulbs from Daniel Sterns at Candlepower Canada [[email protected]]

Daniel is one of the leading experts in automotive lighting. The 9011s WILL NOT work in the low beams due to a focusing problem. The 9006 BL are the brightest, legal bulbs avaialble. Phillips Rally bulbs are higher wattage but they are no longer available.

The 9011s are a little pricy ($38.95) but they are great. With all four lights on on high you can see forever (almost). Great improvement over the LL (long Life) bulbs that come from the factory. BTW LL also stands for Less Light. No free ride here - want the bulbs to last longer use LL. Want more light use BLs. Want super high beams use 9011. To use the 9011 you will need to trim down (narrow) one of the mounting tabs. Very easy to do with a Dremmel tool and a file - no Dremmel- a file works OK, just takes a little longer.

·
Registered
228 Posts
check out Sylvania's sight on the xenarc HID system...they have them both for the headlights and foglights of silverado but gmc i don't know.....hope this helps

mark

1 - 12 of 12 Posts