Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I went to rotate my tires yesterday and got a pretty big scary I leaned up against my pass. tire and it moved in about 2"s. I was wiggin out after looing at it closely I noticed that it was so bad that it was damaging my rotors and mess up my brake pads on my Willwoods!!! Just a little friendly reminder to check these type of things for those of us with big lifts. Replaced the Pass. Hub assy. Kinda pricy $302.00 from the dealer!

·
Registered
505 Posts
DINO ONE;1571343; said:
Well I went to rotate my tires yesterday and got a pretty big scary I leaned up against my pass. tire and it moved in about 2"s. I was wiggin out after looing at it closely I noticed that it was so bad that it was damaging my rotors and mess up my brake pads on my Willwoods!!! Just a little friendly reminder to check these type of things for those of us with big lifts. Replaced the Pass. Hub assy. Kinda pricy $302.00 from the dealer!
How many miles on the bearings??

·
Registered
633 Posts
You sure it wasn't an issue during the Willwood install?

·
Registered
248 Posts
You don't have many miles on your truck do you? Seems premature to me?? I am expecting it but not until atleast 30K on mine.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have 50K on my truck. I installed the lift at about 35k. I figured it was about time for something to go wrong!!!:p:

lxh0318;1572486; said:
You don't have many miles on your truck do you? Seems premature to me?? I am expecting it but not until atleast 30K on mine.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I have 37,7xx on mine and its been lifted just about its whole life. It was lifted i think around 6,000 and mine are still very tight, I just hope they stay that way till I SAS. No more thinkin about droppin 300 bucks for one bearing. I gave I think 30 bucks for one side wheel bearings in my dana 60? 300 bucks is a rip off.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I wasn't too happy when I heard the price and that was discounted retail is $420.00 PLUS TAX! Just wanted to give everyone a little heads up.

hardcoremxer7;1572718; said:
I have 37,7xx on mine and its been lifted just about its whole life. It was lifted i think around 6,000 and mine are still very tight, I just hope they stay that way till I SAS. No more thinkin about droppin 300 bucks for one bearing. I gave I think 30 bucks for one side wheel bearings in my dana 60? 300 bucks is a rip off.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nope it was the wheel bearing the other side is completely fine. Willwood Brake was one of my best investments hands down!

nelsduramax;1571416; said:
You sure it wasn't an issue during the Willwood install?

·
Registered
505 Posts
Why not try to push the old bearing out of the assembly and match the bearing up? Maybe not this bearing to save on down time, but I would look into that and you will have s pare when there other lets go. Save big time $.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I just picked mine up Friday afternoon from the dealer. I had to have it towed in Tuesday morning. They replaced the RF bearing, rotor, caliper, mount, and brake pads (both sides). It's only got 33k miles on it. The only thing not stock is the wheels and tires, and the tires are only one size bigger.
The service order listed it as a 'catastrophic failure' of the bearing. He told me if I had driven it any further the front wheel would have come off.
Now I just have to stop back Monday and pick up the missing lug nut for the RF wheel.

·
Registered
3 Posts
my 01 with 35s went through a wheel bearing on either side. lift was put on at about 50k. one at about 20k after lift the other at about 35k. sold truck with 130k with wheel bearings tight. It all depends on wheel backspacing and tire size.

tried to get new bearings pressed into old hub. and my firends at the shop tried and researched it, but found no good way to do it. you have to buy the whole assembly.

ps. my friend ignored a vibration in his front end and his wheel bearing falled and the tire fell of at 70 mph. not fun

1 - 11 of 11 Posts