Diesel Place banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking to see what you all are running for rear lift height...like front set at 7" rear lift of 5" or whatever it may be...I'll soon be running 7-9" of front lift and am wondering if I need to adjust my rear set-up...Thanks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
8.1GASSER;1590091; said:
Just looking to see what you all are running for rear lift height...like front set at 7" rear lift of 5" or whatever it may be...I'll soon be running 7-9" of front lift and am wondering if I need to adjust my rear set-up...Thanks.

Sneeky Sneeky.....finish the house first.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Not too much of a help, but I have the Procomp 6" cranked up to about 7.5", and for the rear I'm running 7" Betts Leafs. They have settled slightly, so the truck is just a touch higher in the rear.

·
Registered
24 Posts
On a serious note...I'm either going to run 5" blocks or 6" springs when the time comes with a Superlift 6-7.5. Trying to do the same research.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hear you...right now i'm sitting with 5.5" of lift in the back...I think I'll be okay...but before I tear everything apart I want to have evrything lined up.

And the house is just about done....hence the reason for wrenching on the HD again...

·
Registered
24 Posts
8.1GASSER;1590325; said:
I hear you...right now i'm sitting with 5.5" of lift in the back...I think I'll be okay...but before I tear everything apart I want to have evrything lined up.

And the house is just about done....hence the reason for wrenching on the HD again...

(Image has been resized. Click it for full size.)
What setup are you changing to for the front? Leaving the Bodylift on? that Joker's gonna be huge.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
with my RCD i am running a 5" block it the rear if you want to run a 7" in the front i would say to put a 6" but you said that you have a 5.5" so i would say you should be ok

·
Banned
735 Posts
Avoid lift blocks IMO. Lift springs are the best bet, buy some 10" lift springs. They will settle down over a short period of time, and be perfect for your lift.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have mine set at about 8" up front with 5.5" blocks in the rear. The front sits a little higher, but I don't really mind it for now. I will be installing 6" springs soon and it will be spot on.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
jermstyle, got any pics?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Diesel-N-Dust;1591282; said:
Avoid lift blocks IMO. Lift springs are the best bet, buy some 10" lift springs. They will settle down over a short period of time, and be perfect for your lift.
Agree with the avoidance of blocks. Disagree with 10" srpings. If you want the truck to sit level, get springs that are 2" less that what you are setting the front at. Currently running 6" Deavers, pics in garage.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
I would get within an inch of whatever you set the front at so you don't end up with the front too high.

No offense HD-Scott, but your truck needs another inch in the back IMO. ;)

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So HD Scott...I take it your sitting at 8" up front?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Cognito 7 in front, Deaver 6 in back, stance is perfect. I also have the Air Ride bags for when I am towing...

·
Registered
423 Posts
Should be right around 8". Put the 6" leaves in the rear and leveled the front to match.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts