Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
11,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
we have had several small get togethers already and are looking to expand it further West...

Currently we have participants from Moss Point/Pascagoula MS to Kentwood La...with previous interest from a couple Baton Rouge area DP members and as far south as the Houma, La area. I have a few friends with DMAX's in Metairie, La who will also join us...

Trying to set up a date and a place for a gtg but we need input from all interested...The meeting place will be determined by a central location between the groups of members willing to participate.

The is a dyno day usually at gerhardts diesel in Metairie annually that we could go to or if we have enough interest there is a dyno in Lucedale Ms that we could rent... Currently... the get togethers we've had involved meeting for lunch afew times and shooting the breeze and talking trucks for a few hours...

Here is a list of participants past and present, along with interested members...

BlueOx03
TurbineDoc
Pepperidge
BigOl3
CWQ21
Abear
and 2 non members

Post any ideas or suggestions in this thread...All are welcome... from Texas to Florida....the more the better!

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
I would be interested.

·
Registered
8,014 Posts
I'm in

TJ called earlier me today about this thread, he is still getting info on the Lucedale dyno, I'm on the road next couple of weeks I'll do some checking as well when I get home. TJ don't speak Southern so well :D mite need me to speak to em so they understand what we are trying to put together. BTW Pepper; wasn't Gerhardts getting out of the dyno business or just their NOLA shop

·
Banned
2,530 Posts
Just check'n in...

I'm gonaa do some runs within the next couple weeks at the Dyno in lucedale. I gotta change some filters first, i'm due. While I'm there I'll see what they do for dyno days. I'll be running the chowda and the moonshine back to back....

·
Banned
2,530 Posts
Oh yeah, I forgot to add I've got some locals, with and without dmaxes interested in coming. Also, in case you guys don't know, the Shed is open and Huck's Cove will open soon. Also if anyone is interested in meeting in Pascagoula on a friday The Celtic Irish Pub has some damn good burgers and chille....

·
Registered
11,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm in

BTW Pepper; wasn't Gerhardts getting out of the dyno business or just their NOLA shop
I hadn't talked with them in a while...we're Katrina busy like yourself...

If not N.O. their Baton Rouge location might still do it... I'll call Monday to see...

We have to remember that the gtg's have to be more central if we start pulling in members from west of our areas... Hey, Aren't we due for meeting in the Slidell area soon? Us La. guys can't always eat the fuel for meetings...LOL

·
Registered
11,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh yeah, I forgot to add I've got some locals, with and without dmaxes interested in coming. Also, in case you guys don't know, the Shed is open and Huck's Cove will open soon. Also if anyone is interested in meeting in Pascagoula on a friday The Celtic Irish Pub has some damn good burgers and chille....

I'm up for the shed...that Brisket is awesome...

·
Registered
25 Posts
interested...

·
Registered
127 Posts
Gulf Coast GTG

I'm interested as well.

Gerheart's Baton Rouge location is close to me. I will try to run by tomorrow to see if they have any interest in doing a dyno day for the DMAX.

Has anyone come up with a date for this party?

·
Registered
11,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Also if anyone is interested in meeting in Pascagoula on a friday The Celtic Irish Pub has some damn good burgers and chille....
I heard their cook isn't very good LMAO

·
Registered
11,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Has anyone come up with a date for this party?
We'd like to give it some time to grow(for a full blown event) but smaller gtg's (meet n greets)will surely come leading up to any huge gtg...

any suggestions?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Gerhardt's Update

I stopped by the Baton Rouge location at lunch, and discovered that Gerhardt's has been sold. The New Orleans shop has apparently been closed, another Katrina victim, and the Baton Rouge shop is under new ownership. The company is now called TnT Performance & Repair, new owner is Terry Neuville. I spoke to Cody, and he was receptive to our having a Dyno Day and get together for the Gulf Coast Rebels.

He also indicated that they are planning a spring DynoDay on Saturday, 29 April held in association with some Diesel Pull Offs that are scheduled for Friday, 28 April at NO PROBLEM RACEWAY in Donaldsonville, LA. Dyno Day will be free Dyno pulls and they will provide food. Details will soon be posted to their web site, PM me if you want details. It sounds like fun, so mark your calendars now.

·
Registered
11,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sounds like something we should seriously consider...Thanks...

·
Registered
11,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
IIRC website says Mustang ...

Re: Dyno day said:
- Test ANY Diesel Pickup Truck on the Mustang Chassis DYNO free of charge * based on physical constraints

·
Registered
11,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OX,

Shouldn't this be easy for you to beat

2004 DYNO Day Winners

1st Place Highest Horsepower
Ford 6.0 ltr Toma Holland 426 hp

1st Place FORD Toma Holland 6.0 ltr 426 hp
2nd Place FORD Don Byers 6.0 ltr 416 hp

1st Place DODGE Ronnie Moore 5.9 ltr 409 hp
2nd Place DODGE Patrick Doyle 5.9 ltr 326 hp

1st Place CHEVY Yancy Bell 6.6 ltr 415 hp
2nd Place CHEVY Eric Lambert 6.6 ltr 407 hp

·
Registered
12,950 Posts
Good to hear the Shed is open.........of course it probably did not take them long to return it to it's original 'splender'):h

I stopped by the Baton Rouge location at lunch, and discovered that Gerhardt's has been sold. The New Orleans shop has apparently been closed, another Katrina victim, and the Baton Rouge shop is under new ownership. The company is now called TnT Performance & Repair, new owner is Terry Neuville. I spoke to Cody, and he was receptive to our having a Dyno Day and get together for the Gulf Coast Rebels.

He also indicated that they are planning a spring DynoDay on Saturday, 29 April held in association with some Diesel Pull Offs that are scheduled for Friday, 28 April at NO PROBLEM RACEWAY in Donaldsonville, LA. Dyno Day will be free Dyno pulls and they will provide food. Details will soon be posted to their web site, PM me if you want details. It sounds like fun, so mark your calendars now.
Any day ya pick is fine with me. If I am not busy.......I will make it. If working, I will just have to pass. The Dyno day on 4/29 sounds like a good deal........but I wll be in Mo. turkey hunting.......hopefully.:D

·
Registered
11,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
any updates?

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
If the day lands right, might make for a nice weekend trip...will try to keep posted...

·
Registered
11,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
sounds good...We need to keep this as central as possible but that Dyno Day in BR sounds like a good gtg point .

If the price of Crawfish gets down enough we could all chip in and I'd be willing to do a boil at my houise or a nearby park... I'm 5 miles from where
I-59, I-10 and I-12 meet.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts