Diesel Place banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A bad arse CUCV, sounded good and looked mean, guy picked up a C10 cab I was getting rid of. The sound of the ole 6.2 was getting my juices going, I also thought the 6.2's sounded pretty cool.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Right On !!

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
Sounds like time for another 6.2!

·
Mad (Sean) Max
9,602 Posts
No 6.2s in the fleet these days Legend?

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No 6.2s in the fleet these days Legend?

Sad to say, no
Pretty much all my 6.2 and squarebody sutff is gone but boy the itch is still there.
I heard a saying the other day "Carcaine" yea that's what I am addicted to.
Collecting Vdub TDi's now, current stock is 3.
But soon to be 2 cause I am doing a engine transplant and cutting one up.
Picked up a 02 Golf 4dr and the engine is seized, haven't figured out why but it's locked up solid, won't budge either direction.

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Better yet, put a 6.2 in one of them Vee Dubbs. :)

Funny you mention that, doing a engine swap now.
Engine in blue car is locked up solid, engine in black car runs great.
Black car is shot and no paperwork, plus it absolutely stinks inside, so it's getting raped of parts and cut up for scrap. Both are 5 speeds so I will have a bunch of extra parts.

The blue car is cherry, no rust or rot no where, it was originally a Washington state car and at some point ended up here in the northeast.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You can keep that VW crap. I had a 2002 Passat wagon with the 1.9 engine in it and all I did was chase down oil, water and air leaks. Dealt with the engine gunk, sun roof leak to the floorpan and so many other issues I can't remember in the 8 years I owned it. I miss my 1986 M1009 with the 6.2, which I drove for 19 years without issue. Change the oil and belts every once in a while and she ran. I ended up nearly giving away the Passat and replaced it with a Toyota Matrix and haven't had a bit of trouble out of it for three years now and it had 40K more miles then the VW (144K) when I did the swap.

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You can keep that VW crap. I had a 2002 Passat wagon with the 1.9 engine in it and all I did was chase down oil, water and air leaks. Dealt with the engine gunk, sun roof leak to the floorpan and so many other issues I can't remember in the 8 years I owned it. I miss my 1986 M1009 with the 6.2, which I drove for 19 years without issue. Change the oil and belts every once in a while and she ran. I ended up nearly giving away the Passat and replaced it with a Toyota Matrix and haven't had a bit of trouble out of it for three years now and it had 40K more miles then the VW (144K) when I did the swap.

Funny how that is, I have had nothing but good experiences with the Vdubs i've had and total headaches with cold blooded 6.2's in the winter.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
my 6.2 likes cold.....not cooperative when warm.

still moving though. guy actually followed me just to find out wtf was under the hood when i was towing my buds project i am helping with taking it home...

he said he would have never guessed it was a 6.2....:2cents::p:

Attachments

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Yup ... not to may 6.2's still on the road, never mind in a Ford chassis!!

That's a very clean lookin' Ranger/pre runner ...

:bigglasse

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
its just a hacked 2 into 1 stock y pipe out some 3 inch through a dynomax.

these things definitely have their own sound. its like a mellow big blockish thing with a single...

its ok....but i think the stock cucv sounds a bit better.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I removed the glow plug controller in my M1009 and made it manual and never had trouble starting it but I am in NC and you are a bit further north. My M1009 was great until I had three kids and I needed more space. I've got a 91 Suburban now and I'd love to put in a 5.9 diesel with a 5-6 speed manual transmission but for now it is running great with the 5.7 gasser and auto transmission. I did like the Passat to drive and it was comfortable but I couldn't keep the check engine light off for more than a day at a time for most of the time I had it. It looks like you are all VW TDI which probably makes a big difference. I couldn't find one when I was looking.

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I did like the Passat to drive and it was comfortable but I couldn't keep the check engine light off for more than a day at a time for most of the time I had it. It looks like you are all VW TDI which probably makes a big difference. I couldn't find one when I was looking.

Now that you mention it, check engine or air bag is always coming on in my 06, I just hook up the vag com and clear them out, it's either a too much resistance glowplug code or some kind of sensor error for the air bags in the seats.

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Down to $3800,

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/111676568857761/?notif_t=group_highlights&multi_permalinks=1838609482951491&gid=360377747441346&ref=notif

And speaking of squares, anticipating delivery of a newly acquired 87 GMC K2500, gasser though. Should get it Saturday, in 3 days can't wait, it's actually got a Fisher minute mount plow setup on it, pretty rare for a minute mount setup to be on a squarebody, somebody spent some coin.

:ro) I am so addicted

1 - 18 of 18 Posts