Diesel Place banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody -

My name is Clay & I 'm from Little Rock, AR. I came across this site while looking for some info on my truck and am pretty impressed with the knowledge of the posters on this thread vs. some other threads I have read.

I am relatively new to diesels. I have several friends that own them and love them, but this is the first one I have owned. I have a 2001 Silverado, Duramax, 4DR, 4WD, and I'm having the stereotypical fuel system issues. I absolutely love the truck and have had no complaints until now. I bought it to pull my 27ft 5th wheel camper and boats and it pulls them with ease, but the fuel issue is beginning to peeve me. We recently had some cold/icy weather here in AR and my fuel filter waxed over even though I had the heater plugged in. After trying unsuccessfully to thaw it out I finally became fed up and just replaced the fuel filter. After restarting the truck, I noticed some hesitation at lower rpms (which I had noticed a bit before the filter problem, but not this badly). Plus, and here's the kicker, my gas mileage has plummeted. I went from about 17-18 mpg to about 8-9 mpg. I haven't been able to completely look over this site for info yet, and I plan to, but any info or ideas would be GREATLY appreciated by both myself and my wallet.

Thank you in advance for any info or ideas anyone can offer - Clay Rodgers

·
Registered
31,525 Posts
Welcome Clay :) I can't help with your problem except to suggest posting this in the first generation DMAX forum, it has many more viewers and some of them are pretty up on these kind of issues.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts