Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally took the gauges I bought last May off the shelf, dusted them off and installed them last weekend. The problem I have is with the added weight of the gauges, the pillar trim won’t stay in the clip at the top when I hit a bump. The clip and the tab on the trim piece don’t show any signs of damage. Anyone else have this problem and are there any creative solutions? Maybe some duct tape…….or a lag bolt…….

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
It may not be the weight. I know I had a lot of trouble stuffing all the wires back there. Take a closer look and make sure it's not just interference.

If it is weight, you'll have to examin the steel clips Sometimes rebending them helps them hold better. It could also be the metal clips coming off the plastic.

Finally, hit the friggin thing with your fist once you're sure the tabs are started.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don’t think its interference but you are right it’s the proverbial 10 lbs of stuff in a 5 lb container in there. I cut a hole in the existing pillar trim piece behind both gauges to give more room. I’ll take a closer look at the clip tonight and try the bigger hammer approach to mounting it.

Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts