Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whos got one and who can give me some pointers on how to get mine to work ? it allways tells me not enough time in gear for hp reading ....any info /experiences will help

thanks kyle Edited by: SmokinMax

·
Registered
716 Posts
mine always gives me too fast 1/4 mile times. It tells me i'm in the 12's.
I made sure it was level and everything. I guess I just haven't messed with it enough.

Haven't tried to get the horsepower off of it.

Kyle

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I usually get that about one run out of five. I make sure that I do one run, even if is is not a full one, it says in the manual it needs to read some G's to stabilize.

After that find a good level run that is longer than the 1/4 mile. Come to a complete stop and hit the button to start the run and begin the staging. Once the light says your staged punch it and try not to spin too much, the more you hook and exert G force the more accurate the run will be. Once you hit full 1/4 mile run just let off the throttle, do not hit the brakes. You need to coast some for it to stop measuring and record the run properly.

As long as you have the weight in properly you should get a good plot most of the time with that method. I have found that the E.T is close to a few tenths and the trap speed usually is off by 3 to 6 MPH.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
the gtech measueres exact speed atr the end of the 1/4 at the strip they measure the average speed over the last x amount od distance that id why the speeds are off so much...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts