Diesel Place banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the local "midnight dragstrip"
several nights to compile some data on various stacks. I have the hot juice and predator, the stealth 215, and the hot juice and stealth 215 stacks to compare.

All in all I really like the Stealth 215, it is fast as hell, runs cool and really rips a modded Ally through the gears. Quad is right on the money with this program. I even like it as a daily driver although it may be a bit more aggressive than some would like around town.

The HJ / Stealth stack is fast but I think it will only be done at the track and it seems slower than just the stealth 215 because of the defuels with the juice. It is faster as several Gtech runs confirmed but I don't think it feels as good by the SOTP meter.

The HJ/Predator stack yielded the highest temps and was not as fast as the other two.

Edited by: BMDMAX

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
great comparison and numbers. I have been running the comp juice with the 215 and it doesnt seem to defuel. the comp oj adds bottom end torque and the 215 has tremendous 40 to 100 accleration. Its also a little aggressive in town but has yeilded 15.5 mpg on the last 2 tanks in town. For an extra hit a healthy shot of propane can be added. I really like this stack (comp oj/stealth 215) the motor is quiet and the results are awesome. I have got to get a new gtech the graphs and details are really nice. BMDMAX I think you and I live reletively near each other. Im in Tuscaloosa how far are you from Steele Al ? They have a nice 1/4 mile track there. great post........dave

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dave,

It looks like Steele is about 140 miles from where I am at. That would be an easy day trip, when do they run races there? I am trying to get a group together for racing on October 5th at the Silver Dollar dragway also. You think you could make it to whoop up on some more Mustangs?

Let me know what you think and I can shoot you more info.

Thanks,

Brandon

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
I ran the Comp Juice and Stealth at the track over the weekend for the first time. It is just as fast as the big VA and the Stealth at the track. I have no defueling with the Comp Juice because it was taken out of the top two hp levels in the in the box I have. Another nice thing about the CJ stacked it gives me about the same smoke as the big VA does stacked.Edited by: mtomac

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yet when I call Aaron at Edge about this mythical Comp Juice he says it does not exist.
Seems you and Dave got one so what gives?

I am not griping at you guys I just would like to see some consistency from the vendors.

Oh, well....I guess I am stuck with the Hot version.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
mine is stolen........I might loan it out at the track
Edited by: sdaver

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Works for me!!!!

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
I should call it the Area 51 Juice. You're right it doesn't exist but please explain how my truck can run 13.3's with a Juice box on it unstacked? No Hot Juice will run that fast.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
the new attitude controller will take the defuel out so it will almost be like a comp juice....then theyb wont be so hard to come by

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
it my understanding that when you upgrade from the hj to the attitude hj your are going to get what some call the stupid level(comp). I really do not want to wait till they(edge) start reworking older versions into the
attitude version.....Im willing to antie up and buy a complete new unit.....No one even the guy whose name starts with AA has been able to confirm when this unit could be had..........if you guys(edge) are listening here are the terrorist demands

1. juice with attitude with the highest level that we all know exist........if you got one higher then send it.

2. the rest of the levels could just fall behind.
I tow in the 75 horse mode and if that has to be level one then fine.......so set mine to the following

extra stupid level 4 500 rwhp
stupid comp level 3 408 rwhp
hot level 2 380 rwhp
tow level 1 315 rwhp

3. And final demand. Give Aaron a raise and a new title (so he can sell his dodge and get a real truck) The title should be vice president in charge of power systems........brett you know you have a good guy in Aaron.....who else could take the constant barrage of phone calls from us power junkies and do it with a great attitude(no pun intended)

IF THESE DEMANDS ARE NOT MET THE THE DMAX POWER JUNKIE ASSCOIATES WILL START AN TELEPHONE BOMBARDMENT OF ALL EDGES TELEPHONE NUMBERS.........BRETT YOU SHOULD HEED THIS WARNING BECAUSE HOURLY CALLS FROM A REDNECK POWER JUNKIE CAN BE HAZZARDOUS TO YOUR MENTAL HEALTH JUST ASK AARON
DAVE

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
So Jess, how close to 600 hp are you? Will the truck make it without inside work?

My goal is 475-500 and a tad bit over 500 would be nice just for bragging rights.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
i dunno how close to 600 i am hope to find out in the next few weeks dyno and all.as far as the bottom end i am not 100 percent sure,i do feel the 500 is not that diffucult if the money is spent on the right items.i will only use drugs every once in a while and have started to work on just using #2.i do think that back pressure is the biggest problem on the motor right now when the hp gets up that high,i could be wrong just dunno .....jess Edited by: king d

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Tomac,

I think that you missed my point. As I said earlier I am not griping at you guys. My beef is with Edge. Why the double standard?

When I called Aaron he said the box was a figment, made up by guys on the message boards. So who is lying? Why would Edge lie to the consumer who already has their product and can tell the difference between the dyno runs and the 1/4 mile times?

They said what I really wanted was the Attitude controller. Sounds like an upsell to me rather than giving me just a hotter juice to stack with than the 125 HP version.

All of my previous dealings with Edge have been perfect, a good group of people to work with. So again, why the double standard and who's lying?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts