Diesel Place banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
<DIV>after a few days with the suncoast upgrade, i did somemore gteching, numbers are starting to fall closer to others now, my clutch pacs had some wear i was told, stock power made 244.8hp at 468tq, then 110 va netted 105hp, and finnally power pup150 stacked with 110 netted 211 hp with over 900lb tq, over a long rpm range, as for the 1/4 mile times they have improved to 13.6 @102mph, i am still sensing defueling durring the shifts, and have a bit of a clunk between 3rd and 4th gears, hope it fixes itself soon, but other than that, all seams and feels like stock, will be reciving a power pup this week with timing , and will be stacking with hot juice to compare
</DIV>

·
Registered
10,516 Posts
keep the faith man.... Semper Fi

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<DIV>1bad01: all passes are done in 4wd, </DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Got Juice: they have been having few problems with a older version with the power pup, i have received 3 now that will not allow tune to enter pcm, the correct version is being shipped as i speak, my dealer said they have run your stack with great sucess as well, cannot wait to try it out
</DIV>

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1bad01: that is a good question, i like to hold it back just to the point that it does not cause the tires to spin, or have very little spinage, this seams to give my quickest times, as for what rpm, i do not look but seat of the paints it semes around the 1500 to 2000 rpm, next time i will try to look at that

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I leave at 1500 in 2wd and thats the limit with out spinning. I tried a 4wd launch once at 2000 and that was way to much. All 4 wheels spun and the front tires hopped and i bent the passenger side tierod into a 45 degree angle. Havent had the balls to try it again yet. I guess I should have looked into it more before trying it! The 35's prob dont help the situation much either
........I do want to try it again at about 1700 and see how that works. I think if I can get a successfull 4wd launch it would drop my 60' and get me closer to the 14's with out adding more power(even though I eventually will)

·
Registered
10,516 Posts
fredw said:
<DIV>1bad01: all passes are done in 4wd, </DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Got Juice: they have been having few problems with a older version with the power pup, i have received 3 now that will not allow tune to enter pcm, the correct version is being shipped as i speak, my dealer said they have run your stack with great sucess as well, cannot wait to try it out
</DIV>

It should perform well. i wonder what version of the pup i have?

i'll call bullydog i guess and ask, hey fred, have you messed with ASCII i was reading on the vette forums about hexeditors and after watching some of the translators at work in a different box i noticed the after values are regular hex keycode, not the extended even!

things that make you go hmmm..... i laptop +imagination+ obd2 cables=? BOOM! lol....here watch this, hold my beer...

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
did some more gteching after a few weeks with the tranny upgrade under the belt, the tranny so far is smooth, but still has a bit of a rought spot in the 3rd to 4th shift, i first did a stock run making once again a 16.686second run in a 1/4 witch works out to a 244hp , once again a accurate stock hp, then the 110 vanaken for a 106hp net gain, the hj for a 117 net gain, but the best to date so far is the 110 stacked with 155 power pup, did three runs, and with tranny learning a bit more i made 13.494, 13.525. and 13.518 on a 1/4 mile in and around the 102 mph with a hp in the 470 range, and a wooping 940tq ,it was impressive, i then tried the hot juice with the power pup(timing removed} and did a 13.745 and a 13.760 at 100mph, which is about 460hp, it just seams that the hj is defueling much more than the vanakaen( i thought the tranny fix would fix that) so i left the hj in now to see if tranny will learn more and compare latter again

·
Registered
10,516 Posts
try to run hot oj only with no stack and see if it helps, let ol allison get used to the juice for 3-4 days,then try the stack

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
<DIV>thanks juice: </DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>i tried that and today i stacked again and did a bit more gteching, it did around the 14.6 with just the hj, then stacked it had major defueling again, off the start, also very rought shifts, first run 14.09, second13.878, thrid 13.788, the shifting became smother with each run, but still defueling from hell, then swicted back to vanaken 110, stacked times were 13.579 13.623, 13.611, with no hickups, temperture was -17, so it was hard to start without major spining, so my conclusion is the hj stacked with the power pup with out timing, has some conflicks with in their tunes, but still should make a 450rwhp</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>once i finnally get a power pup with timing to install i will test again
</DIV>

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
<DIV>Fred,</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>The regular non-attitude HJ will always defuel, even with a modified tranny. The heavy defuel will lessen over time as the tranny adapts but it will never go away unless you have the Attitude where you can set the no defuel option.</DIV>

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
<DIV>
"The regular non-attitude HJ will always defuel, even with a modified tranny. The heavy defuel will lessen over time as the tranny adapts but it will never go away unless you have the Attitude where you can set the no defuel option."</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>good to know: that might be what the problem is then, i just thought it sensed sliplage before it defuels, as does the va, i guess that might mean i need a attitude to test properly, call the dealer again</DIV>

1 - 15 of 15 Posts