The Gtech number match pretty close with the dynojet numbers I posted earlier. (446.7 HP and 849.8 TQ on #2 only) The Gtech posted 443.2 HP and 853.3 TQ so I am pretty happy with the little gizmo. The graphs are cool too!
Those are some pretty impressive power/torque numbers.
I also have the G-Tech Pro Comp toy, and I have found it to be well with in the acceptable range when comparing it to a real dyno. But you can skew the numbers. This one is a run to determine the rwhp and torque.
I have seen some screwy results. I try to run at least 3 runs with a particular setup for confirmation and throw away the "flier". Seems like if I am going to get a bad result it is usually right after I have put the Gtech back in the truck. It takes a few runs for it to settle down. I read in the manual that you have to "self-level" the Gtech by doing an acceleration run once and as long as you don't move the unit every run after should be good.
I like it so far, at least it does give a basis for comparison and let's you know if the stacks are helping or hurting. You definitely have to tape down the power cord though, I left it loose on one run and the extra pull from the cord got me into the 11's !! LMAO
, I wish!!!!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
A forum community dedicated to Chevrolet and GMC diesel truck owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about duramax engines, performance, builds, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more!