Diesel Place banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've got bitten and turns out I got a buddy who works for honeywell... so I can get Garrets for quite a bit less than wholesale. So checked on my prices for for the turbo's and it's definately worth it. My goal is to get to 650hp range, hopefully break mid 12's... W/O DUAL FUELERS. I don't want to get into new head studs, rods, etc. JUST YET :D (yes I know, I'll probably end up wanting more and do it anyways.)

Gonna be running the PPE Hot+2 (yes I know I can't run lvl 7 w/o dual fuelers). And changing over to 4.56's next week.

So how streetable is the 94? I would like the added power of the 94, as I think it would help w/ my goal of mid 12's.... but I'm just not sure of the spool up time in daily driving. I would think the 4.56's should help me out a bunch w/ my off the line, but not sure. Would I be better off w/ the 88?

I tow lightly (my 6K towboat) about 2-3 times a week during the summer from June till Sept. I'm also concerned the 94 might start barking on me. Any comments?

Please don't say, ditch the lift and 35's, b/c it's not happening. And don't say switch to EFI, as I'm very brand loyal to the guys who have taken care of me.... and quite honestly, don't think I'll gain an ungodly amount w/ a custom tune over the PPE on lvl 6.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
The 4094 is very streetable. No problems there, but the 4088 may be even better for a stock fueling truck.
Hmmmm, interesting. So your saying w/ a billet pickup, lift pump, and modified CP3, I won't see any benefit out of a 4094 over a 4088? I figured I could still provide enough fuel to make use of the additional air the 94 would flow.

Fire,

Any part #'s to research?

·
Banned
4,035 Posts
no i wish i new more myself i have been told by to relaible people that it was coming . i was looking at the cheetah as another option as well as i am looking for a bigger turbo myself

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
First of all you will never get a reliable 650 hp with stock internals ! Get that right out of your head NOW. It will be a time bomb. To get that power with one cp3 on fuel only is a HUGE stretch.

That being said, I run the 4094 and its a great turbo. Its street able and has great spool up. Merchant has towed 11000lbs with my truck and he will attest. Its a good turbo. Dont put the horse before the carriage as you will be replacing a block with nice window to look into. Then you have no workable core to start with ! Either run a safe 450 hp tune and wait to build the engine or wait to blow it ! .Your choice!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I would look at the cheetah's but when I'm saving over a grand over retail, it's kind of hard to justify it...lol.

Don't worry Eric, already trying to make arrangements for a SC stage 4 right after new years. Just can't find anyone close, so might be making the drive to Mike L. All the preps will be done b4 the turbo though.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Interesting Cap.... I thought the stock internals would handle a larger turbo, lift pumps, and half way sane tune?

Thought u didn't needs rods, studs, etc. until you jumped up to dual CP3's or above 650hp (which u said I won't even be close to).

·
Registered
273 Posts
650 on a single LBZ CP3 isn't that far of a stretch but certainly not a good idea.

Anyway go with a 94 for sure. Go big, you won't regret it.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Interesting Cap.... I thought the stock internals would handle a larger turbo, lift pumps, and half way sane tune?

Thought u didn't needs rods, studs, etc. until you jumped up to dual CP3's or above 650hp (which u said I won't even be close to).
I would lower that mark to about 550hp, and even then your not bulletproof

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, heck, lets throw in another $4K for rods and studs, gonna end up wanting them anyways.

Guess I can tell the fiance to kiss that new ring goodbye...haha. She's gonna hate this truck. :D .... Guess I'm gonna miss her ;)

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
I love my 4094, I would say im around 630 rwhp guess truck weight is 7060 with me driving,times in sig were done with old ppe lv6 not the new et hot+2.I already know im driving a time bomb and already looking into building a motor then will have to add another turbo under the hood.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Was looking at your times there.... but on your times it says stock turbo.... was that only the 12.99?

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Yes the 12.99 @ 105 was with the stock turbo and the c3's and c4's going south.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Off topic alittle this is a pic from August on a launch with the new turbo.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
i can run 12.68's all day long with the gt4088. with a single modded cp3 IMHO if your not going to get dual fuelers i would just get the 4088

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Tigeman

Many people are finally learning the lesson of big power and failed engines. The bottom line is there are no guaranties, but anything over 500 RwHp and you are playing with fire on stock internals. Look at where you truly want to be and what you can afford to do before you start buying parts. If your goal is 12's it can be done with a stock turbo and internals but it isn't going to last long if you do it all the time. The GT4094 is a good unit and will support more power than a stock motor can take.

·
Registered
136 Posts
im looking at the same turbo and leaning twords it but i still need my trans done thats first

the stock long block is fine for about 500 hp all day long but the closer you get to 700 thats when your troubles come, least from my exp

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.