Diesel Place banner
1 - 9 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
gmctd;1858412; said:
Yeah - but was it on the ground when it happened?

Besides - it was only flat on the ground side - is that grounds for concern?

Odd that we boil vegetables, throw out the water and eat the vegetables - why do we boil the coffee, drink the water and throw out the grounds?

Methinks I've just about ground this down to a nub..............
:funnypost
By the way anyone have a P/N for that braided GROUND strap??

Thanks,
Louis

Reactions: jrsavoie

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I am a firm believer in using conductive electrical grease, never seez and dialectic grease on connections.
Whats the difference? I thought it was just to stop the corrosion from forming?

Louis

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
And whats diabetic grease? :D

Louis

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
So when I rub regular old grease on my Batt connections am I not getting as much current/flow and/or ground?

Thanks,
Louis

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Well better go wipe off the grease I just smeared all over the Batt connections......thanks for the advise.......I would imagine any AutoZone or like parts store would have this conductive grease?...Correct?

Thanks,
Louis

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
The grease you have on is fine as long as you didn't coat the terminals before attaching the cables. Then it is possible that you could be interfering with your connections. The important thing is to coat the connections to keep air from getting to them. If you have a good connection I wouldn't worry about it.
It is nice to have some conductive connection grease around though. I use it on just about all wire connections. You have to be very careful on multi-terminal connections - due to the fact that it is conductive. I usually just apply a small amount to the female side and dialectic grease on the outside.

I buy my conductive connection grease at an electrical supply house.
I coated the terminals before attaching them.

Louis

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
The grease you have on is fine as long as you didn't coat the terminals before attaching the cables. Then it is possible that you could be interfering with your connections. The important thing is to coat the connections to keep air from getting to them. If you have a good connection I wouldn't worry about it.
It is nice to have some conductive connection grease around though. I use it on just about all wire connections. You have to be very careful on multi-terminal connections - due to the fact that it is conductive. I usually just apply a small amount to the female side and dialectic grease on the outside.

I buy my conductive connection grease at an electrical supply house.
I coated the terminals Before Attaching them..... :duh:

Thanks Again,
Louis

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I usually just spray the red gooey, tacky, sticky stuff on connections after I tighten them...does a pretty good job of keeping air/water out of loop.

That stuff got a name?

Thanks,
Louis

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
the grounds straps are still around got some for the 98 just ago I got them from gm I don't think to bad of price

You wouldn't happen to have a part# for those ground straps?.......
I went to the stealer but they couldn't find the right one's, either there to short or......

Thanks,
Louis

1 - 9 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.