Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering if there is a grille that can be installed with out have to cut out the old one or place the new one over it?? cause i dont want to cut it out and i dont want to bolt over the top of the exsisting one.

·
Registered
178 Posts
you have to do one or the other, and while cutting the old one out looks a little more professional you cant turn it back if you decide to sell or do somethin else with it,

i have a bolt on one and love it, you cant see the old grll behind unless you are right up on it

·
Registered
54 Posts
Who makes a well built and good fitting grille?

·
Registered
584 Posts
Huh? That makes no sense. :eek: Its impossible to do unless you want to replace the entire grille.

I put a billet grille over mine and you cant even tell there is a grille under it. Most billet grilles are good quality. As long as there metal or aluminum.

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Bolt over on mine.....

·
Registered
54 Posts
I am leaning towards a grille that bolts in after the oem grille is removed. I am somewhat concerned about layering grilles because of the overheating issues associated with the LLY's.

What are some good names in grills

·
Registered
633 Posts
In regards to your original question, I think Putco has a grille that replaces the entire assembly. big mouth or something like that. They are more expensive than any regular grille since you're buying the entire assembly. Does away with the center bar on a chev. Can't tell from your signature if you're a chev or GMC

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info. ya i was thinking of replacing the entire assembly, just cause part of middle bar that holds the embelm is flaking on the corner.

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
I have A trenz bolt over billet grille. Great quality and has more bars than lesser expensive brands. I have seen total replacement grilles in Stylin concepts catalog. you can take out your stock grille shell and replace it with a style you like. No cutting or bolting over.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
precision makes some nice grilles and arent too expensive. my only concern with the boltover stock ones is that it restricts air flow, probably not enough but i would go for taking the old out and puting a new one in to keep good flow.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts