Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you use it with powershot2000 propane system?
thanks

·
Registered
173 Posts
Yes, but it has to mounted upright and secured so it can not tip over. Also, try to get a 30# or 35# tank if you want to use just one. A 30# tank is approximately 6 gallons and should last you around 600-700 miles of constant use. Many of the 20# tanks have a flow /float shut off in them and will shut the tank down when the flow gets too high, if you tee two of them together to flow simultaneously, it will overcome the float and you will get enough flow volume.

Attachments

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for info.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
I believe that BBQ tanks are only approved to transport in a vehicle, they are not DOT approved to use. Even on a camper, they are supposed to be shut off while transporting. The Man will frown upon it if he sees it.

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
We need some kind of tank person that knows all this stuff.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Check out my garage.

I've been extremely happy running this configuration for a couple of years now. I can use either 2 or 4 propane bottles at a time. I choose to use 2 and take up the rest of the room in the diamondplate box with the water injection reservoir.

What "The Man" don't see, He don't "Frown upon".:D
That goes for the dealer as well. They don't even know it's there.
You can't hide any other system like this.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
where do you get the regulator to connect two tanks together?

·
Registered
274 Posts
No Regulator was needed. I had custom hoses built that go directly into the Powershot 2000. I wanted it so that there were no tools needed to change tanks. Originally I had 4 tanks in the box with a custom hose that connected all 4 tanks into the Powershot. Now I have 2 tanks and the water injection reservoir that takes up the space where the other 2 used to be.

PM me if you can't get them made there where you are I could have some made for you.

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
I use hoses that have the large plastic tank connectors. The over sized plastic tubing nut threads on to the outer "OPD" fill threads.
That way I can hand remove them.
There form Mr. Heater and were $16 adaptors to replace a 14 or 16 ounce tank with a 20lb tank I choped off the 14-16oz head it wasn't needed. I slightly modified the end that goes onto the 20lb tank with a drill, hammer and punch so just one tank can flow 120,000 BTU/Hr if needed.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I use propane tank from forklift. I have ats torque pro and tank is mounted horizontally inside the tool box, using standard forlklift tank strap holder. You can get the horizontal tank to deliver liquid or gas. Mine is set up for liquid with coolant heated evaporator. It is stealth and safe.
I will take pics and put on garage.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts