Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are in the middle of another love bug infestation. I have been looking for grill inserts for not only the main grill area but it seems no one makes anything to filter the holes in the bumper. Anyone out there have a solution? I have a 03 Sierra D/A.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I took my winter front to the upholstry shop and cut out the front to match the grille opening and sewed in fiberglass screen. Result--Looks and works great!

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
My Lund Stainless does a pretty good job. Easy to clean and looks awesome.......

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Lund screenfront looks like what I want. Any ideas how to fillter out the holes in the bumper? I really like the idea of modifing the cold front for the times when the love bugs are swarming. Since im undecided Ill just do both. That should be the best solution. Thank You.

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
I thought about making a black backing out of some flexible thin plastic that fits behind the Lund for the winter.

·
Registered
16,610 Posts

·
Registered
16,610 Posts

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I have seen a few people buy gutter guard from Home Depot, etc that is used to keep leaves out of your house gutters and then cutting them to fit the openings in the bumper. Painted silver/chrome and they look pretty good.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I have both the ScreenFronts and ColdFronts from Lund for my '94 and love them. I got the black plastic ones to keep the grille black and be easier to keep clean (just my preference). I have absolutely no problems with them. During the summer the bugs stick to the screen and don't make it as far as the radiator. They snap in and out very easily to make the switch in the fall and spring.

I don't know about the ones for the bumper holes since I have a gasser though .....

Scott

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have to thank you all for the information. I am going for the SS screen front. Lund makes the inserts for the bumper and gave me the part number, but all the vendors I have asked dont seem to stock it yet, So I will go with the gutter guard for now. I never would have thought of that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts