Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
General question for anyone and Eric,

My truck is drooping and leaning slightly left, I want to even things out. If I use the green keys as mentioned and put the torsion adjustment in middle of threads, will the truck still gain about 2" and lose the lean or is there something else?
Thanks

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
You don't even need the green keys. Just crank up the torsion bars. Unless you want to go beyond the limits of the factory keys.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Notsdale,
thanks for the link and I had done a search first and read that post. I'm afraid I'll need some extra lift vs the stock bolts. I don't want a lift kit, though so I thought this might be an option. But, as your posts point out, there are other suspension issues then. Just looking for more info and to get the truck level front to back and side to side.

·
Registered
326 Posts
You should try the side to side and front to back leveling with the stock keys. If you find that you don't like the ride, or ended up cranking them almost all the way, then perhaps you should consider the green keys.

I started by cranking the stock keys, but wasn't able to get what I wanted out of them. Only then did I install the greenies. That's usually the best approach; why spend money you might not have to?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good tip. I will try all your suggestions for stock keys. Thanks for the help. This place is great.
JimWilson, what did you pay for greenies installed?

·
Registered
326 Posts
I bought the green keys from gmpartsdirect.com and installed them myself. The only problem with this way was that they rip you large for shipping. But, it was still cheaper then the dealer wanted to charge me for the same parts.

If you took your truck to a 4wd center, or maybe even your dealer (if you have the rare good one that is
), it shouldn't take them more then an hour to do it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I also bought my Green Keys from GMPartsdirect.com, but had them installed by a 4wd shop. They charged $60. and it took them about an hour.

I had cranked the stock keys(purple paint mark) to begin with, but the ride was to rough. The Green Keys made the ride much better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts