Diesel Place banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/

this goes into great detail about the differences in deadening material. i do have one question maybe someone here can answer. alot of the sites reccommended a closed cell foam along with the mat. what is the advantage of this? will carpet foam do the same thing if glued to floorboard or doors?

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
I think the reason for closed cell foam is that it will not "sponge" and pick up and hold moisture. You've got to remember that even inside your truck it is an "outdoor" environment.

·
Registered
156 Posts
lol, look what I'm doing this week:

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks idle..... i understand that closed cell is moisture resistance but what i dont understand is whether or not it absorbs sound or what its purpose is for using.

·
Registered
156 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
nice job rolling it in moregrip. I did the doors on my blaZeR2 a few years ago, made a HUGE difference....

...helped with the stereo too!

·
Registered
204 Posts
I did this 2 years ago. It makes a big difference.

After you remove the 3 peddles have fun placing the mat under the plastic fire wall. This will take 2 people.
Inside the engine compartment will be the only way to do the upper part of the fire wall.

Second mat the back wall higher up.
The doors made a huge difference. I did not do the roof due to a moon roof.

SC

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
moregrip you could have got more deadner and some thicker stuff for the came price if not cheaper or 100 square feet for i think 130 buck but that stuff looks like it is good and you ae doing a good job putting it in

1 - 8 of 8 Posts