Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its great to have another board dedicated to one great twuck. Lets do what we can to make it a success ~ Edited by: ShumDit

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
Here here... hopefully this site will catch on. its got more functionality than the competition, and more freedom for the user. plus its 100% FREE!

tell everyone you know this is the place...

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
Thanks for the compliments. Now we just need to get the word out that THIS is the place to be!

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
The best thing you can do to keep this site up is tell people to come here and post/enjoy! getting a large member base will make the board better for everyone. if the people will come i'll do my part to keep the board in tip top shape!

·
Banned
6,541 Posts
Diesel Power said:
The best thing you can do to keep this site up is tell people to come here and post/enjoy! getting a large member base will make the board better for everyone. if the people will come i'll do my part to keep the board in tip top shape!
It's like somebody opened the windows and let the fresh air in.

·
Registered
987 Posts
I sure agree about the FRESH AIR part !

but, man, now I'm spending two hours a day reading diesel posts again !

(THE EXCITEMENT IS BACK ! )

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
ctgmcduramax said:
I sure agree about the FRESH AIR part !

but, man, now I'm spending two hours a day reading diesel posts again !

(THE EXCITEMENT IS BACK ! )
Terry

This is for the PEOPLE Forum ..... No politics no hidden agenda .....They way it should be ..... Glad you feel welcome ..... Hope all the participants do ....

It's Puuurfect .....

Enjoy all, breath the fresh air,we deserve it !!!!!!

Mac

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
There's plenty of sites do a web search ..... I'd give you some hyper links but I know there will be no reciprocation from the linking sites ..... Why ?? I dunno ...

Even the TDR has sister forums set-up by members ....

Fresh Air is just a term for free and open posting .... No hidden agenda and nothing at stake ....

Sit back and enjoy the ride ....

What do you drive ?? No SIG....
Welcome to The Dieselplace ....

Mac

·
Banned
6,541 Posts
Hello Steve... if it's you

Welcome. Glad you decided to join. You know the scoop. Edited by: hoot

·
Registered
7,190 Posts
Diesel Place was born on Sept 1st courtesy of Nick.

September 2nd was the launch date, so here we are.

" HOW LONG HAS THIS GROUP BEEN AROUND ? AND WHAT GROUP DID YOUSE GUYS SPLIT FROM?"

JACK O

No split that I know of....................
just someone who wanted to provide a free and open exchange of ideas, information and opinions without any financial strings attatched to the members ( subsciber fees
)........or the politics that go with "other" boards.

If you want to thank Nick I just put a new thread up in ............. click the link : ThanksEdited by: GMC-2002-Dmax

·
Banned
6,541 Posts
I can tell you first hand as a moderator, I may have personal preferences but I will do my best to not try and sway anyone....on this site.... to a product that I know or feel is inferior.

If you have any suggestions on what chip to buy and why.... let it fly. Tell us the good and the bad, we're all ears.

Oh, yes, Nick sells his Nicktane fuel filter system. It's his site and he has the right advertise and promote it.

I personally won't put it down and never have. I think CAT has the best filter cartidge out there. A real prominant fuel/oil guru over on TDP convinced me of that.

I run Racor and seem to be having good luck with it.

As far as other products, this site has no affiliation.

Something has to pay the bills. We already know just because you pay a membership fee it doesn't take away the politics so what's wrong with free open site with almost none?Edited by: hoot

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
Steve,

Let me start by saying again that this site doesn't promote any vendors, including myself. People say good things about the Juice- yes they do... because they like it. I myself don't have one. I have a predator and like it very much. I felt it was a good deal for the feature set combined w/ price. now that they have updated the tunes i've even happier. i've ran a juice in the past and saw nothing wrong with it. at the time i already had a stacker that put a world of hurt on my tranny
. If i get a new ally, i will probably get a juice to run with my predator.

And there are no secrets here that I created this site, as well as my filter site. I offer a solution that some poeple like and i haven't had any complaints. I'm not saying its any better or worse than any other solution out there. its just personal preference. Racor, Baldwin, and CAT all make great filters with proven results.

This site IS about the free exchange of information. The members don't pay for registration and the equipment/bandwith costs come out of my pocket, no one else's. If someone has some complaints or comments about my filter setup i'd be happy to hear them as i'm always trying to improve the product. So if you have something to add, please feel free. Let me be the first one to ask for you input.

When you have a moment, look at our growing Vendors forum. These guys don't pay anything for advertising on this site. We allow ANY vendor to post as long as they agree to our fairness policy outlined in that forum.

Thank you again for your input. We appreciate all comments as they help us to better the site for our members.

Nick

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
I don't make a living selling filter kits. Believe me I actually do it as a hobby more than anything. If you took the few dollars I make on these things plus the time I put into them I make about $2.00 and hour. Let me give you some background - I'm the IT Director of a small computer consulting company. I work and have worked with computers for the last 15 years. I've always loved making things but never had a job doing so. All my work is "virtual" in that I don't have anything tangible to show for it. This is different. I actually put something together for people. I can look at it. I can touch it. And so can others. Plus they seem to really like it. I must admit one of the best parts of selling these kits has been the people I've met. I've met about 15 different people when I helped them install their kits. All of them great people, and some of them have become friends now. If you don't believe me you should have come to our get together last Saturday. We all had breakfast, BS'd about trucks for a few hours and had a great time. It was nice to put faces to the names and share stories. I know SoCal is a ways from here, but you should have come. I think you would have enjoyed it.

As for the forum, if its hosting expenses should ever exceed my budget, I already have offers of FREE servers to host it on by other generous members which will ensure the members of this site never have to pay... So in essence, the people buying the kits haven't paid for this site. If anyone's paid for it, it is the company I work for as it’s that paycheck that keeps the power on and the internet flowing.

As for advertising, there are many ways to address that. This site will probably take in some advertising dollars, but as you notice from other sites like PUTC users are still free to post their opinions of a vendor, good or bad. They are also permitted (although not to the extent they are here) to discuss group purchases of item and the best place to buy an item, even it if it isn't from a "supporting vendor". The difference in the way a sites treats vendors is the key to your question. If you restrict posts based on supporting vendors then you hurt the members. If you tell you vendors that what they are buying is a banner only, then it is up to the vendor's price and merits alone to win the customers sale. We will not sway, push, or otherwise persuade anyone to buy anything from a particular vendor. You might then ask why would someone want to advertise here? Well based on the forum's policy of free enterprise, they may not. And if a vendor doesn't like our policy of giving the user an honest choice, then they don't have to advertise here. It’s THAT simple. In reality the costs to run a forum are not high. Bandwidth is cheaper than it has ever been. Servers are cheaper than they have ever been (plus faster). The only thing that is a major expense is the TIME that people like the Mods (Hoot, Mackin, GMC-2002-Dmax, myself) and the users put into a site to make it what it is. A site's value is measured in its members and mods who care about making it a great place to be, not its vendors. Without the members to care about the forum, what good are the vendors? That's easy. The answer is nothing.

As for trannies, you must know more than I. I have a stock Allison that slips when I push her too hard. As for deciding who to support, that is not my decision. It is the members. This site will in effect "support" if you could say that, the tranny manufacturers who appear to have the best results based on other member's comments. We have never and will never "support" or give plugs to any vendor. This forum is free and because we do not endorse it or its vendors, it is "Buyer Beware". This site is for people to read and disseminate what they want from it.&

·
Registered
170 Posts
DP, I appreciate all the effort you have put into creating a new and fresh Dmax forum in as-far-as-I-know fairly short amount of time. Like I have said before, I was a lurker at TDP, and am excited to be interacting with "TDP Legends" over here. I hope that the wealth of knowledge posessed by all parties involved here is not hindered by concerns on whether we are being politically correct or not.

·
Banned
6,541 Posts

SoCalDmax (Diesel God) Said:

hOOT,

Tell me about this politics you keep bringin up. Be specific, cuz I really don't unnerstand and I'd like to. Is it somethin like bein careful not to offend only certain peopel? Is it makin sure you only say nice things a bout a vendor? I've seen all out wars on TDR over trannies and turbos and injectors - is that gonna fly over here?

It's not me that keeps bringing up politics. It's new members coming on board.

It's not that complicated Steve. We are here to please. You are here to put us down.

Either enjoy yourself and post nice or hit the road.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Diesel Power … well said ...
…. excellent explanation of the philosophy on which this site has been founded …. I really don’t have a personal axe to grind on this site or any of the others which I frequent …. its refreshing to have a site centered on our trucks that is founded as such … Jim

·
Banned
6,541 Posts
Before anybody cries censorship, let us make this clear...

Constructive criticism about this site, do it in Forum Suggestions.

Help us stay focused on trucks.

If you switch to criticism in the truck forums, we will not waste time deleting them. Not censorship, just staying organized.

This topic gets moved....

Edited by: hoot

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.