Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have problems ordering this stuff from GMpartsdirect? I just tried to order and they said it is not able to be shipped because it is not a sealed container!!?? Why would they even list something they can't ship?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Why in the world did they put the smell of grapes in that ? It smells like grape scented vomit ! I changed mine today and there was a lot of metal stuck to the plug and floating around in the oil, looked like a Samurai transmission.

ROB

·
Registered
307 Posts
I've gotten a bunch of it from them in the past and just ordered the heavy duty 70/140 stuff from them last night. No problem. That's standard ground shipment. Maybe air shipment is different.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just got response from gmdirectparts, they said that the bottles do not come sealed from the manufacture, and that leaking has occured during shipment. So they can not ship and that I will need to see my dealer for this item---looks like mobil 1 is going in!! Ain't paying over $20 per Qt. when the mobil 1 is $6.99 and prob. just as good!!

·
Registered
162 Posts
I just put Amsoil 80W-90 up front and 75W-90 in the rear of my truck and it saved me a bunch of money doing it myself. The total cost was around $40. When I had the dealer do the work at 30,000mi its was $200 or something crazy like that. I also changed the T-Case fluid with Amsoil as well. Took me a few hours to do all the work. The Amsoil lubes are supposed to last longer and protect better than the factory fills....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts