Diesel Place banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Limped my tranny last week, edge was on 2, got an appointment to check things out and document the crap.

Had code p700 and another one, forgot it, and the gallons used is 5gl off.

I had pulled the edge off now only an K&N and no cat.

The dealer said that the K&N is the reason the tranny limped and the fuel used is off.

Has any one else had this problem. There is not another dealer close that I will work with, bad problems with my home town guy with other problems.

Thanks for the great site.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Dealer must be a real a$$ hole but must are take your money somewhere else

·
Registered
535 Posts
Right off, the dealer is FOS about both the K&N causing the limp and the Fuel Used being off. The air filter cannot cause those.

However.... the Edge will cause more fuel to be used than indicated via the DIC, which also effects the MPG readings.

In my experience, the DIC MPG readings were just a bit high without the Edge installed; within 1 MPG. The discrepancy increased after installing the Edge, and is off more as the HP settings increase.

·
Registered
160 Posts
What do you expect the dealer to do?

It won't likely limp again with stock power. Nor is it their responsibility to do anything about limping a trans when you have added 25%+ power to the engine.

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
Josh61513;1597560; said:
What do you expect the dealer to do?

It won't likely limp again with stock power. Nor is it their responsibility to do anything about limping a trans when you have added 25%+ power to the engine.
I just love you guys who for some reason Stick up for the dealers who 99% of the time rape us when we buy from them. Theres nothing wrong with having fun with your truck and if ya have a problem let the warranty fix it. :stirthepo

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
What did you expect the dealer to do? Both of your issues are from the Edge. He could BS you. Tell you he reflashed your ECU and sent you on your way. The truck would be just fine until you crank the Edge back up.

Here's your sign........

·
Registered
741 Posts
start saving for the new trans...

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
TIM Z;1597757; said:
I just love you guys who for some reason Stick up for the dealers who 99% of the time rape us when we buy from them. Theres nothing wrong with having fun with your truck and if ya have a problem let the warranty fix it. :stirthepo
I know this sounds pretty harsh; but i really have to ask... Do you have an ounce of integrity? I really hope maybe i'm reading this wrong....

We as ADULTS buy performance add on equipment, knowing full well of the outcome they could produce (hence, read the box when it says 'performance ltd is not responsible for crap that happens to your truck while using our product' ummm There's your sign...).

Then we use it, enjoy the hell out of it and break something. What do people do? They look for someone else to point the finger at; well hell just cause i turned it up and imploded my alli it's gotta be GM's fault for not being able to handle 1000 pounds of torque. Let my warranty deal with it!
That's just wrong letting someone else pay for your playing.
Sure they rape us when we get it serviced... Do we pay them anything? No, we just make them fix our warranty stuff that 9 times out of 10 are our own faults. Then we get mad and ***** and complain prices are so expensive... they make only warranty wages; how do you expect them to be profitable?
Well rant over, I'm not trying to stick up for anyone in particular, If i'm screwing off in the rain, get sideways and cream someone I sure as h*ll don't blame GMC 'because i paid for anti-lock brakes and the friggen things didnt stop me in time... they should have known better..." I'm just tired of people passing the buck.

And I'm guilty for telling people to take **** off their truck before they goto the dealers... If the problem is else where and in no way could have to do with the edge, you're darn right I'd take it off. They're guilty of passing the buck in some instances too (I seem to remember some poor guy with a CB radio and Pyro having been accused of performance stuff).

·
Registered
712 Posts
If you want to spend money to pump up the power you have to pump up the transmission, thats all there is to it. Also around here it seems that the customers are "raping" the dealers when it comes to buying the truck so they have to make money somewhere. Most trucks are sold for a couple of hundred above invoice which will not keep people in business. My .02 cents

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
Ive got PLENTY of Integrity pal.... I never take advantage of people, Ive also been loyal to the general for the 15 years ive been driving, I Bleed Chevy red. Ive bought 5 Brand New vehicles from them, And Never once Tried to pull the wool over their eyes. But I damn sure will try and save or recoup some of my money if possible. I always end up upgrading parts before i break em anyway. If i break anything on my truck while under warranty i sure as hell am going to let them fix it. Gm customer service has screwed me big on my 04 silverado, they OWE me. This isnt about me, This guy has a problem and SHOULD have it looked under warranty, wether its broke or not.

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
Pal; if you'd be so kind to read as stated above "limped my tranny, edge was on 2" That's enough for me...
I'm so sorry you got screwed on your 04, the feeling of being taken is a ****ty one believe me I feel your pain on that one. Thank god for returning customers such as yourself being that if they didnt have you, we'd have no GM and many others.
Now as you stated above, you're trying to re-coup YOUR money for YOUR inconveniences with your other vehicles because they owe YOU.
Now that I understand your point and your feelings; Let me direct my above comments to others that don't feel and live their life's such as yourself.
I still hold true to what i said; you play you pay. It's only fair. Passing the buck i think is totally wrong, and i think that's alot of coorporate america's problems. You're in another instance, you feel robbed previously and you're just trying to even out the deck. Best of luck on that.

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
TIM Z;1597912; said:
This guy has a problem and SHOULD have it looked under warranty, wether its broke or not.
damnit i hate when I hit the wrong button...

As stated, edge was on 2 limped tranny... Sure does have a problem; he altered his vehicle and saw the downside of it. Why do I have to pay on my service bill or buying my new car.
The lost money GETS PASSED somewhere.

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
Alright. Well listen, we'll just have to agree to disagree, i stated my opinion and we obviously don't share it.
I apologize if i offended you with my 'integrity' comment as i don't know you as a person and more than likely you've got morals and are trying to live a meaningful life my inconsiderationwas rude and i'm sorry about that...

To the original poster, I hope you get your stuff worked out one way or the other.

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
Yeah, its cool , every one is entitled to do what they want, im sorry you feel so passionate about this subject. I love to rant but always end up bieng honest. But man, this stuff is so expensive these days , im done Later bro!:) Sorry to the original poster for getting off track. Good luck with your issues!

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
TIM Z;1597954; said:
Yeah, its cool , every one is entitled to do what they want, im sorry you feel so passionate about this subject. I love to rant but always end up bieng honest. But man, this stuff is so expensive these days , im done Later bro!:)
No you're absolutely right... 75 for a oil change. It seems like i cant walk out of there under 100 dollars.... I used to have that problem with Costco too - go figure..
Whats the hourly rate where you're from? San jose goes from 125 - 175 an HOUR.

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
TIM Z;1597757; said:
Why do they rape us for repairs? They have to makeup for all they money they lose being cheated on warranty issues.

Covering the cost of warranty repairs is built into the price of the truck when you buy it. The amount of money that it costs GM to cover at truck under warranty for the duration of the warranty is derived from the expected rate of failure and the cost of repair.

When you "have fun" with your truck, you break things that wouldn't have broken otherwise. When you take your truck in and "let the warranty fix it", you unbalance the equation used to derive the cost built in to the price of your truck meant to cover the warranty. How does GM make up for that? Two ways, they charge more for repairs, parts, and new vehicles, and, they take the hit, at eat the loss.

Then, people turn around and complain that the prices of new cars are too high, complain that repair prices are high, and wonder why GM is posting record losses.

Granted, warranty fraud is definately not the ONLY factor causing these results, but it's definately part of it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts