Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a lot of searching I decided to pick up a set of Fox Weather Boots. Look good, strong, and fit ok hopefully they will settle a little with time. I recommend these to anyone that tracks a lot of dirt in there truck for a living.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Very nice...I need to look into a set before next hunting season. I just shampooed my carpet today for last season's mess.

·
Registered
9,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a link to a good scotch guard in my garage too, you can pick it up in a boat supply store.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Best I have seen. Can I ask what you paid so I have a target number. Want to order them online tonight:ro)

·
Registered
158 Posts
Part number 362WRS?? Couple hundred bucks I see.

·
Registered
9,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Called them to place my order so I don't know the # and I paid $262 shipped.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
They look similar to the husky's i bought for my truck, tho i only bought fronts... I love the curved edge for getting snow/mud in...Good find..

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
Very nice...I need to look into a set before next hunting season. I just shampooed my carpet today for last season's mess.
You're not supposed to have a celebratory dance where you did your field dressing :)

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I've had weatherboots in 4 of my trucks starting with my F350 in 96. They do a great job of protecting the interior. They are very rigid though so they will leave rub marks on any part of your interior they make repeated contact with and they are sometimes a p.i.t.a. to get out of the truck to clean them. I bought my last new set when I bought my 03 and my heals had worn through the carpet on them by 30k miles. When I sold my 03 I let it go with the front set but kept the rear weatherboots for the rear of my 06. In the front I'm trying the Weathertech Floorliners. They look very similar to the Weatherboots but are flexible and don't have carpet glued to them like the Weatherboots do.

·
Registered
320 Posts
They do a great job of protecting the interior. They are very rigid though so they will leave rub marks on any part of your interior they make repeated contact with and they are sometimes a p.i.t.a. to get out of the truck to clean them. I bought my last new set when I bought my 03 and my heals had worn through the carpet on them by 30k miles.
:exactly: I bought a set in '01 for my first truck and they did the same thing. Still didn't stop me from putting them in my new truck.

In the front I'm trying the Weathertech Floorliners. They look very similar to the Weatherboots but are flexible and don't have carpet glued to them like the Weatherboots do

I'll have to look into these, the glued carpet is about the only downfall I have seen with the weatherboots, otherwise they are excellent in keeping anything off your carpet.

PS. I bought mine from Cabela's for 65.00 for the fronts back in '01. I think the last time I looked the whole set was 120.00. Over 200.00 just seems waaayyy too much.[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
825 Posts
They look like they fit really well. I would like to see them in person, though. I have X-Treme Catch-All in my truck right now and I really like them.

·
Registered
9,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Boy the price has really jumped then.

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Do these floor mats get slippery wet they are wet? I have a set of husky liners in the front, and during the winter they can become very slippery.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Those look really good. I have the Catch All ones in mine and the driver's one keeps moving on me even with the fasteners which is really starting to piss me off. :mad: Those don't look like they could move at all.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Dozerboy,

Thanks for the photos. I liked your floor mats so much that I ordered a full set of Fox Weather Boots for my month-old Duramax Crew Cab. They look like the ultimate in protection.

I think that I'll Scotch Guard the carpet part before I wrestle them in. That way, mud and blood won't seep in.

We hunt deer in NE Montana in late November and we are always tracking bloody snow into the truck. And then, of course,,the heater melts the bloody snow off of our boots and the floor mats and it's a sea of blood. These mats look like they would cure the problem totally.

Thanks again for the photos.

Steve

·
Registered
825 Posts
Those look really good. I have the Catch All ones in mine and the driver's one keeps moving on me even with the fasteners which is really starting to piss me off. :mad: Those don't look like they could move at all.
I have those, too, but I have the one piece in the front and it's so tight it won't go anywhere. Only problem is, if you have a center console, your SOL.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Back to the Fox Weather Gloves.

I mentioned that I ordered a set from Fox's website for my new 2006 Crew Cab D/A on Friday afternoon. I got to worrying that I'd ordered the wrong ones, so I called this morning (Sunday).

To my surprise, a guy answered the phone (don't forget it is Sunday). He identified himself as one of the two brothers who have owned the company for thirty-some years. He was just down at the shop doing stuff. This really reminded me of my thirty-some year ownership of a small jewelry store; during this time, I never saw an eight-hour day nor a six-day week.

So, I explained that, in re-studying the online order sheet, I was concerned that I'd ordered the wrong floor mats. He asked me to describe my rig and then he asked, "Is your four-wheel drive selector the electronic one, on the dash?" I said, "Yes."

Then he told me that I had indeed ordered the wrong one. The 362WRS is for the floor-shifter. Th 360WRS is for the crew cab with the extended floor console and the dash-mounted selector takes the 360WRS.

He also told me that the Internet server would deliver the order on Monday morning and that he would change the order. My order will be shipped out Monday and it will take 3-4 days for delivery to Oregon by FedEx Ground.

I asked him a few more questions and he was very patient. Yes, they come in the one color, a very dark gray, which will match my Dark Charcoal leather interior wonderfully. He said that they'd found that the dark grayish-black shows dirt less than other colors and that they still look great in trucks with a gray-neutral or tan-neutral interior.

He also said that in a few years, I may want to give them a call and replace the carpets in my floor mats. The carpets are a special heavy-duty weave and they have sticky backs. All that is involved in making the floor mats look new again is to pry off the old carpets and put on new ones.

He said that the Fox Weather Gloves are unique in the market, easy to clean and highly protective. Also that once I used them, I'd fall in love and never be without them.

Judging from the quality of the service and the terrific conversation that I had with the owner, I have little doubt that he is totally correct....I'll be back.

I thought that I would post this to clear up any confusion that might exist about order numbers and also to let you folks know that the carpets are replaceable.

Steve

·
Registered
9,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

There are a few Velcro (hook part) strips on the bottom to keep them from sliding. And at the door sill there is a both hook and loop Velcro. The loop has a sticky side to stick to the plastic sill, but I haven't done that yet and they slide very little so far.

Dozerboy,

Thanks for the photos. I liked your floor mats so much that I ordered a full set of Fox Weather Boots for my month-old Duramax Crew Cab. They look like the ultimate in protection.

I think that I'll Scotch Guard the carpet part before I wrestle them in. That way, mud and blood won't seep in.

We hunt deer in NE Montana in late November and we are always tracking bloody snow into the truck. And then, of course,,the heater melts the bloody snow off of our boots and the floor mats and it's a sea of blood. These mats look like they would cure the problem totally.

Thanks again for the photos.

Steve
I know what you mean I still have blood stains in my first truck look into this.
I have a link to a good scotch guard in my garage too, you can pick it up in a boat supply store.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts