Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my truck back from the dealer today from some warranty work. Radio was making a high pitched tone, cab mounts needed shimmed, transmission clunk between fourth and fifth gear. Well to start my story off one of my good buddies is the used car manager and I know alot of the people at the dealership, (General Manager lives across the street from me). When I went to pick the truck up I was chatting with the service manager about the transmission clunk, and he told me that his diesel tech had to disconnect the battery and reflash the ecm because the computer acted like it had lost its programming, then he mentioned that he thought the reason was because of my programmer (predator 2.00). Well I thought the same thing at first but then remembered that it had done that since I bought it just did not notice it as much as I did now. Well he told me that to tell me this; before they reflashed it they researched GM bulletins for this problem and GM replied to them that the next occasion of this problem and they were going to send a GM rep to the dealership to look at it because of problems with aftermarket programmers. He told me that he loved to see my truck with the aftermarket stuff on it and that he didnt want me to get into warranty trouble so he told me if I had another problem to call before I came and he would advise me on what to do. I love my truck and my dealer. Anyone out there have cool dealers like this one?

05 2500HD SC 4x4 D/A 4" turbo out, gauges, Mac Intake, Big G
(Sold Predator couple months ago), 285x75 MT's

·
Registered
448 Posts
BigDMax05;909392I love my truck and my dealer. Anyone out there have cool dealers like this one? [/QUOTE said:

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Nope, the two closest dealers to me SUCK!!!.
I have been trying to get my ecm reflashed for a while because of surging...When I have taken it in and explained what I wanted their response was "What does re-flash mean??", or "Whats an ecm??"
I have e-mailed G.M. asking where I can take my truck to get it serviced by someone that knows what they are doing, am still waiting for an answer.
I wish I could fine a place like you have.
P.S. I lived three houses from the service writer at the closest dealership, and he quit as soon as a better job came up because they were sooo lame.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Anyone out there have cool dealers like this one?
My dealership is questionable, but I have contacts on the inside. Only one mechanic touches my truck. :thumb:

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
My dealer is really cool. They even helped another member out with trying to troubleshoot his Edge problems.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
My dealer is really cool. They even helped another member out with trying to troubleshoot his Edge problems.
IIRC you're in Southern California, right? if so, what dealer do you go to?

·
Registered
24 Posts
People's Chevrolet in Chula Vista
Lakingslayer, I live in San Diego and I would like to know who you deal with at People's Chevrolet. I would like to have a good contact, such as yours... someone I know will take care of my truck. Any info you can provide would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
People's Chevrolet in Chula Vista
Cool!! I grew up in Chula Vista, still visit there often, I will try them out my next trip down there, when I lived there it was "South Bay Chevrolet".

1 - 10 of 10 Posts