Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those that want to do this themselves, I just wanted to say what an easy job it is. I got the front pipe and complete 409 stainless 4" system. It took me just under 2 hours start to finish. The fit and finish was very good and it is no louder than stock in the cab. I can now hear the turbo whistle a bit, but it's nothing irritating at all.

One question I did have is about throwing codes. Will I see this pop up on the DIC or do I have to go in somewhere and have them hook the truck up to see if it's throwing any codes. I've only driven it a mile or two so far. Would they have come up right away or does it take a while? I kept my cat just in case. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
some cases it takes only a few minutes while in my case it was a week. The check engine light will come on and you may or may not see white smoke and smell of raw diesel.

supposedly there is a new flash update for the ECM that fixes this however if that doesn't work you'll need a finger stick and EGR blocker plate. All can be found in the FAQ in my sig.

the common codes with removing cat are p0141 and p0299 I believe.

good luck and I hope you don't get any codes!

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
...and I might add that I have NEVER had a CEL but the codes are there after similar mods. Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
...and I forgot to mention that all the above information was before adding the fingerstick to stop the codes altogether. :)

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Drove it around some more. Maybe 30 miles. Truck definitely has a deeper tone to it now. I like it. But as I said, it's still very near stock in the cab. We'll see what happens with the codes. I'm towing a friend's 35' trailer for him tomorrow for about 2 hours to it's new home.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Couldn't EFI Live be used to delete the codes instead of the fingerstick? It could also be used to delete the EGR in the computer right?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.