Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i got my new power pup for my LBZ. It came with 1.07 and it loaded with no problems. Other threads say only use tow/economy, dont even think about towing my camper with performance or extreme. So I installed the tow/economy on my truck. Whats the big deal here? I dont belive I can see or feel $400 worth of extra horsepower, what do you guys think?:confused:

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have 9000 miles on mine, it is in the performance tune. big power jump from the towing mode. I dont tow in the performance mode.

·
Registered
93 Posts
i can feel the tow/eco mode. probably because i put 4000miles on it stock first

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
The $400 is for the ability to:

1 - Correct your tire diameter to bring the speedo/odo back in line with oversized tires
2 - Raise the speed limiter from 95 to something reasonable for Montana
3 - Read and clear trouble codes (read a code, post it here, and someone will help you troubleshoot it)
4 - Select with of the 3 power levels you would like....
On Extreme, the power is amazing, but you need to spend about $2,000 on the tranny first.
On Performance, the power is impressive. If you aren't TOO impressed with it, your tranny might live. My '06 LLY put 350hp to the rear wheels on the dyno on Performance. A stock LBZ puts down in the ballpark of 300.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Try running on tow/economy for a while and then put it back to stock. It is very noticable once you get used to the extra power. Either that or you did not install the proper tune that you thought. I certainly can tell the difference SOP.

·
Registered
263 Posts
So, is the "official word" that installing a chip will either:

1) void the warranty
2) cause a dealer to deny service until factory equip is reinstalled
3) cause a dealer to deny warranty repairs for someting that could have been caused by the chip (like too much HP to the driveline !!)
4) all of the above

??

It's funny, because there is a gmc dealer near me that will mod the truck with wheels, tires, lift, and chip. He says that since "they" do it, there's no warranty prob. I wonder what happens when they send their warranty claim into the factory for a blown tranny for a modded truck?

·
Registered
158 Posts
What would make a dealer Installed tuner better than a user installed tuner. Does this mean when you want to go from Performance to tow mode you have to swing by the dealer? If you call Bullydog and give them our name they know who we are and Im sure they know 95% of the people selling there product. (not including Ebay pirates) but If I instal a tuner it will void the warranty? That makes no sence at all. I asure you that you will overpay at the chevy dealer. Our LBZ Powerpup is less than 400 smackers and Im sure he will sell it to you at full retail $489.00 same tuner same funtions same chance that any chevy dealer will void your warranty. Now, I cant remember the whole name but its the Magnusen something something act that protects you. If you are forgetful enough to not take out your tuner before your visit to the dealer they still have to PROVE that the modifacation damaged your truck before they can just void your warranty.

When they turn in there claim for the damaged truck they dont have to tell them the truck has a chip. Why would they want to stop the factory from paying them big bucks to fix this truck.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Look here...

So, is the "official word" that installing a chip will either:

1) void the warranty
2) cause a dealer to deny service until factory equip is reinstalled
3) cause a dealer to deny warranty repairs for someting that could have been caused by the chip (like too much HP to the driveline !!)
4) all of the above
Take a look at http://www.allisontransmission.com/service/faq/index.jsp?CategoryID=11#109

And / Or Look at the Allison OEM and Aftermarket Forums... :exactly:

What "Everyone" is saying is... "If you want to play, You have to pay"

(I know I stole that from one of you guys...Sorry) :muahaha:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yup, I think so.....

ok, i got my new power pup for my LBZ. It came with 1.07 and it loaded with no problems. Other threads say only use tow/economy, dont even think about towing my camper with performance or extreme. So I installed the tow/economy on my truck. Whats the big deal here? I dont belive I can see or feel $400 worth of extra horsepower, what do you guys think?:confused:

I have 6000 miles on my LBZ 2006 GMC, just installed the Power Pup and have it on Tow/Econ. I notice a big difference on power and I have realized a 3mpg increase( hand calculated) I have gone from 16.2mpg to 19.3mpg on my back and forth to work trips. Have not pulled with is yet to make that comparison but I am happy with my 3mpg increase!!!!!. :D

·
Registered
627 Posts
I don't really care about the power increase but man if your getting an extra 3mpg its totally worth it!

It pays for itself after 154 Gallons of Diesel, for me thats about 2 months worth of driving.

Is the motor louder with the timing changes? This is just a flash programmer right? You don't have to mount it in the truck?

·
Registered
84 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
What would make a dealer Installed tuner better than a user installed tuner. Does this mean when you want to go from Performance to tow mode you have to swing by the dealer? If you call Bullydog and give them our name they know who we are and Im sure they know 95% of the people selling there product. (not including Ebay pirates) but If I instal a tuner it will void the warranty? That makes no sence at all. I asure you that you will overpay at the chevy dealer. Our LBZ Powerpup is less than 400 smackers and Im sure he will sell it to you at full retail $489.00 same tuner same funtions same chance that any chevy dealer will void your warranty.

Maybe I looked at it wrong or in the wrong place,but the price found on your site was $450. That does't look less than $400 to me.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Well, thats because we are MAP price compliant. We have a contract with our manufacturers to show a Minimum Advertised Price. If you add the item to your cart then I can show an automatic rebate. Its one way the manufacturers keep everyone from racing to the bottom price. MAP price is usually 10% below MSRP. Some companies dont allow you to show anything but MSRP. Infact, some really dont want you to SELL below MSRP. You have to add our items to your cart to see the Discounts. Some you will be very surprised, those are the ones that will let you Discount the prices. Others you will see barely any Discount at all because of our agreements. If each of the millions of people selling this stuff droped the price of one item to the point they only made 2 bucks on it. Then every product would be that way and no one would be in this buisness. It wouldnt be worth it. Then the manufacturers would just sell everything themselves at retail price. Go check out some of our items and you will see.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Yup

Man have you made one post without the word ALLISON in it?
Yup... I used to be "Only" on the LBZ Forum 'till I discovered all the "Noise" about the Transmission (See I didn't say IT)...

I feel obligated to tell these "Newbies" about the "Future", when they ask...

If that's wrong, What's this "Diesel Place" good for? :exactly:

(I hope you were joking) :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
A tad louder

I don't really care about the power increase but man if your getting an extra 3mpg its totally worth it!

It pays for itself after 154 Gallons of Diesel, for me thats about 2 months worth of driving.

Is the motor louder with the timing changes? This is just a flash programmer right? You don't have to mount it in the truck?

Just a tad louder at start up from what I see, although it is tough to tell cuz we just hit a real cold spell here in New England so that could be why it is louder......

·
Registered
284 Posts
Nope

Any codes yet, with tuner??
I've had mine (Power Pup) since December 12th. I ran it on "Performance" for three weeks. Went back to "Tow/Econ" for two weeks, then back to "Stock"... Haven't (ever) seen a code... ):h

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yup... I used to be "Only" on the LBZ Forum 'till I discovered all the "Noise" about the Transmission (See I didn't say IT)...

I feel obligated to tell these "Newbies" about the "Future", when they ask...

If that's wrong, What's this "Diesel Place" good for? :exactly:

(I hope you were joking) :)
Yes, I was just joking. But I can tell you are pretty worried about these trannys thats for sure. LOL.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts