Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
I'm like a Little Kid so please excuse me......
Had to talk about it just a little bit......
I just can't belive that GM is being so good as to build a "New Chevy Truck" just for me, wow....
This IS a new experience for me & after, Prayer, Puking & Powerful Support on this page the Targeted Prod. Week is--Thanksgiving Week!
The Projected Delivery Date is December 26'th.. Pretty Neat!
2004, Duramax, Crew Cab, Shortbed LT -- with as many toys as will fit inside -- in BLACK...
Thank's for just "listenin"....Paul

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
Get your info from Howard?

Congrats!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Hoot,
No, this info was thru my dealer.....but I'm calling Howard tonight!!!
Thanks hoot for the - "that a boy", I need those.
Paul

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Your gonna love it! "Waiting is the hardest part"

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Max,
I get more excited hourly,
you guys are a Great Help.

Paul

·
Registered
73 Posts
TwoDogs, where are you in MA? I just tried to order a diesel and

the salesman said 5 weeks. When did your dealer enter the order

and what else went on between that and you finding the build and

delivery date?

Thanks.. Harry K.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Harry K,

Bridgewater,Ma. - I ordered the Truck Oct.15'th.
He gave me the Build Week yesterday Oct.31'st.
The Projected Build Week is The week of Nov. 24'th.
The Projected Delivery date is Dec. 26'th.
Originally he said 6-8 weeks to delivery, but by the way the dates look it will be about 10 weeks & 2 Days .............Can I Wait That Long ????? I guess I'll have to ........But of Course there is -HOWARD!!!!!
What do you say Howard???
Paul

·
Registered
7 Posts
I got my truck last Tuesday. It took 5 weeks to the day from placing the order to delivery.

Howard tracked the progress for me and told me when the dealer had it. I went to the dealer and they didn't even know it was in, thanks Howard.

So far the truck is better than expected. I am having fun. The truck is a 2500 HD Duramax extended - short bed, white. It is beautiful. I have my cap on it and it is ready for RVing. My trade was Silverado 1500 with 38,000 miles and it never had to go back to the dealer all the while I had it. What a great truck it was. I think moving from the 5.3 to the Duramax I should notice a difference in towing. The 1500 did a great job on the level but the speed went down and the RPM's up when I got on extended grades.

All you folks waiting for Duramx trucks it is worh the wait. Hook up with Howard and he will do a great job for you.Edited by: pmmartin

·
Registered
410 Posts
i moved up from a gmc 1500 to the max..no comparison..you will be having SOME FUN soon..a nice christmas gift ! congratulations

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I'd actually like to see some numbers on approximately how many Duramax pickups have hit the road in the last 3 production years. I've loved mine since I got it, and I think GM finally drove one home with this motor. It can and more than likely has room for tweaking over the next few years to boot. Not that the 6.2 or 6.5's were horrible, but against the Cummins and the Navistar I think we were left wanting in the powertrain areas.

·
Registered
73 Posts
New truck time frame..

Thanks for the reply guys. I have some rebate coupons that expire on 12/1 so I'm concerned that I wont be able to use them.

Harry K.

Edited by: HarryK

·
Registered
747 Posts
Definitely get in touch with Howard. He told me when it would be delivered and he was dead on. When I ordered my truck, the dealer told me 6 weeks. As it ended up, build week was 6 weeks from order date. Received the truck 8.5 weeks from order. It probably depends on how far you are from the factory though. My truck came to KY from Michigan via train to TN and then trucked to dealership in KY. I LOVE THIS TRUCK!! Thanks again Howard!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm currently waiting deliverly on my 2004 d/a ext.cab short bed in silver birch. I gave my deposit (which dealer thought would be 6 weeks) to the GM dealership on 9/31/03, I spoke to the Truck Manager over the phone on 11/3/03 and he said the build date is week of thanksgiving, and delivery may be 2nd. week in december??

I've been hearing about Howard on other posts, If Howard could help how can I contact him, does he work for G.M.

Thanks

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hey hoot, thanks for the link to Howard, I spoke to my dealer tonight delivery date is now 12/21, it was 12/14. I e-mailed howard maybe he can keep me better informed than my dealer.

Thanks again

·
Registered
747 Posts
FYI, a "little birdie" has told me that Howard will be taking a little vacation for the next 10 days or so. I don't know if he takes his internet capabilities with him or not. Just thought you guys might want to take this into consideration when trying to contact him.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Thanks for help.

Guys, than you for the help. .

Thanks

HarryK

Edited by: HarryK

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have question, Is there a shortage of D/A configured trucks on the east coast? I took delivery of my 04' Sierra CC D/A SB SLT Silver Birch about 3 weeks ago from a dealer here in the Norhwest. I picked it off the lot from a selection of 5 rigs all SLT's and drove it home the same day. The biggest decison was color that included, white (2), blue, red and dark gray.

Today I went back to the dealer to have my temp tags replaced with the permanent ones and there's now a black and red to go with the 2 whites.

So far I'm really enjoying the D-Max and all the fun a diesel truck has to offer.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Rick, I'm not exactly on the east coast, but I had to order to get what I wanted. There were quite a few around in my area, but none configured the way I wanted them. Most were slt's and lt's loaded with everything but the dvd player and a few even had them. A few others were reg cab or chassis cabs. I just figured I would get it exactly the way I wanted it, so I ordered it. Now, I have to get started on the add-on's not offered by GM or maybe some were offered but I didn't like GM's version. For instance, I would have liked to had the Bose system, but didn't want bucket seats, so I got the cd/cass and I will put my own system in.
Edited by: flhrciblueice

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
hoot said:
Get your info from Howard?

Congrats!

Just curious if I may... I'm a brand new forum member and I got here because I have a new GMC K3500 dually coming. The dealer informed me Friday that it would have the LLY engine, but didn't know much more about it.

I've found lots of valuable information here and even the rumors are interesting, but I keep seeing a reference to "Howard" when folks talk about ordering new trucks. Mine was ordered 11-17-2003 and is at stage 3000 waiting for the TPW, does this individual help folks find out where things are with orders?

Thanks for all the info you and others provide.

Gary

Umm... Just saw the post with "Howard"s note and e-mail address, so I don't need it repeated. Thanks just the same.Edited by: G Zabriskie

1 - 20 of 41 Posts