Diesel Place banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got my Buckstop rear bumper last Thursday and installed it Sunday.
What do you think?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
looks awesome man

how do you like the classic front bumper? i really want the outback b/c the 2 inside vertical braces are thicker but idk if thats worth another 300

where did you buy your buckstops? is there a dealer somewhere around you? im in houston and idk where to find any

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
looks awesome man

how do you like the classic front bumper? i really want the outback b/c the 2 inside vertical braces are thicker but idk if thats worth another 300

where did you buy your buckstops? is there a dealer somewhere around you? im in houston and idk where to find any
I ordered mine from the Buckstop WEB site and had them delivered. They did tell me the last time I talked to them that they were working on getting a dealer in Ft Worth.

I love the Classic. I too looked hard at the Outback but it stuck out another 2-3" in front and besides I'm just a Classic kind of guy :D.

When you gonna stop fooling around an bite the bullet and buy one. It's only money.:eek:

TB

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
i didn't know the outbacks stuck out more. ive only seen one buckstop in person in my life and it was an outback.

idk man, i just saw these bodyguard bumpers, kinda like them. i could get a front and rear replacement with lights on front and back, and a reciever and d rings up front for like 400 less than i could a buckstop classic lol

·
Registered
916 Posts
Thats nice looking not too big but looks strong-like it.Like the pull out step as well does it come with that?

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thats nice looking not too big but looks strong-like it.Like the pull out step as well does it come with that?
No the step did not come with it, I bought the step a year ago from Amp-Research. The step sure saves this old man's knees when getting in and out of the bed.

TB

·
Registered
524 Posts
That looks great, a couple of questions though.

Did your truck have backup sensors, is there any provision for them on the Buckstop?
How are you gaining access to the spare tire lift mechanism?

·
Registered
1,177 Posts

Did your truck have backup sensors, is there any provision for them on the Buckstop?
quote]

Easy fix there.. just gotta' drill holes in that BEAUTY and re-install the sensors.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks sharp!

Once, you placed the order online, what was they're turnaround time?
From order to delivery was 4 weeks on both the front and rear bumper.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)

How are you gaining access to the spare tire lift mechanism?
My truck did not have backup sensors, those are for socker moms. It's a steel bumper, so what if I back into something, it ain't gonna hurt me. :D

There is a hole to the right of the license plate for the spare tire crank down rod. I am going to see if I can fab a tube to quide the rod to the crank cam.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Easy fix there.. just gotta' drill holes in that BEAUTY and re-install the sensors.
That would work for the two near the backup lights. To handle the two near the hitch would require some fab and welding which would mess up the powder coat. It would be best if Buckstop could fab it before powder coat - a lot less costly than doing it after the fact.

·
Registered
187 Posts
at this time buckstop does'nt offer a rear bumper w/ sensors. one reason i've not ordered one. Great looking bumper!!!*

·
Registered
84 Posts
Rear Looks as good as the front!!!

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Looks nice. Ive got the same one, love it. Its been tested and stood up to the test flawlessly. Excellent bumpers front and rear.

·
Premium Member
Slightly Modified 2006 CCSB LBZ w/ 609,675Km's (~385k Miles)
3,794 Posts
Oh man...I am so gonna have to bite the bullet. Driving regularly from Barrie, Ontario to Timmins/North Bay and Sudbury. This is significant Moose/Deer and black bear country. Hit one of those critters and it could be all over for me let alone the truck.

And I so do love the look of the buckstops. I agree that they are the best looking ones on the market.

Baja style for me... BLACK baby.!! comin sooner than later methinks.

stk

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Nice stout looking bumper.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I love it... a "Buck-Stop" rear bumper...

While I have never had the experience of smashing a deer while in reverse... I am sure it would be quite amuzing!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.