Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somebody a while back asked for photos of stuff under the hood; my son dropped the digital camera so it quit working & had to get a new one so it took me a while, some pics are fuzzy still learning the new camera. Anyway lets use this thread to post pics of stuff under the hood. Keep comments to a minimum so I can link this to sticky FAQs. If you have a specific question to a pic you see ask about it in another thread. Pics only please here or pic and explanation of what it is we are seeing, also restrict this thread to pics for locating stuff or stuff added. Continue to post pics of grenaded/broken stuff in independent post. This is more for new folks that wanna know where it is answers. You cooperation will be greatly appreciated. If you post a question here looking for lengthy detailed explanations I or the other mods will delete them, older guys don't answer here, with all pics I just took and that others might add this thread will be plenty long on it's own. Thanks for your suppport :D Trivia time PM me if you remember that line and where it came from. I'll post the answer later.

Attachments

Reactions: magladon80

·
Registered
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More pics

Attachments

Reactions: magladon80

·
Registered
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Even more

Attachments

·
Registered
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Last of the lot

Attachments

·
Registered
162 Posts
Great Job TD !!! It was worth the wait.

Now if someone with a 94-95 vintage 6.5 could post a photo of the Lift Pump Relay and it's location, that would be great. These trucks are not 'fortunate enough' to have the big box of fuses and relays under the hood like your '98.

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Wipers --- the blue relay on the control board seems to be the failing part.

NOTE: flip the board over, resolder the relay pins and other heavier item pins on the board with resin-core solder - it will live again!!!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
275 Posts
Other Mods

Here are some of the mods that I have done to my '95 GMC K3500 Crew Cab

Attachments

·
Registered
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Notice AC & alternators on early & later model trucks are opposite sides, don't waterpumps & fans on some years run opposite way from each other requiring a little more work to do the full 97+ cooling mod. with HO 130gpm waterpump

·
Registered
275 Posts
'96 and on have the alternators and AC switched. Not privy as to the thinking there, but the '96 and on had a 140 amp alternator option that the '95 and older don't. The bracket is bigger and beefier. I am modifying the alt bracket on mine to put in a 140 amp alt. As for the opposite rotation of the fans and such, to the best of my knowledge the serpentine belts rotate opposite of the "V" belts and I don't remember which way is which right now as to clockwise or counter clockwise, but I believe that the serpentine all rotate the same. I haven't noticed any water temp problems.

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
vacuum pump

Wow, the forum software is intelligent enough to discover that I've uploaded the pics before though I even renamed them! :)

BTW, we should have this one sticky and refer to the pics in the FAQs and from other threads.

·
Registered
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lee the link is already there, it brings you to this post

·
Registered
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
More Pics

Attachments

·
Registered
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
L56 vac system hose routing

Attachments

·
Registered
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What you are seeing are pics I've collected over the years/months, could have been 1 of 3 cameras, this really isn't a new post it's been lurking in the FAQ section for a while, it just came back to the front with the latest pics I added.

All are free to and encouraged to post their own pics here for anything else of interest pertaining to 6.2/6.5 engine or truck, or mods for technical merit, not really a place for general picture posting of members rides.

But advise noted my "Truck camera" is an older Kodak DC 215, I'm "not allowed" to use the "good camera" for getting greasy taking truck pics

·
Registered
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
More pics PMD

Attachments

·
Registered
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The 1st pictures of the IP look like they were blurry to begin with. What kind of camera and are you going half way with the button so that its able to auto focus? When mine succesfully locks in with focus I get a solid green light then I go the rest of the way with the button to take the shot. Not try to be a pain, just help out.
I just realized also that some of the graininess is due to resizing for the original to fit the forum size limits.

·
Registered
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
PMD Resistor values

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yo Turbine Doc, I don't have to tell you how valuable those pics are to me and everyone else that may be expriencing memory lapse. Changing cylinder heads on my 6.5 td (95) no time to stick to just that job. 3 months later I forgot everything where parts and pieces go. Thanks again! btw what goes on the bolts at the rear of the pwr strng pmp?
I know something came off there.

John

·
Registered
684 Posts
Here are some pics. I removed vac pump, see old vac pump off, and where vac pump used to be. Also 4x4 actuator and oil cooler lines where go into block.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey ya'll FYI all posts auto lock down if no new posts are added, if you have ever been here wanting to add pics but found the thread locked, contact a moderator to reopen it so you can post your pics.

This area is for information, so no girly pics, wrong site for that :D , pics need to be 6.5 Diesel related, something G rated for helping a fellow Diesel enthuiast with.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts