Diesel Place banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FINALLY MONDAY AFTERNOON GMC 2500HD CC SB DURAMAX, ALLISON. 2WD. LONGEST 8 WEEKS OF MY LIFE. NO PLANS TO HOP IT UP TO MUCH AT THIS POINT. MAYBE CHANGE MUFFLER AND AIR FILTER. NONE OF MY FRIENDS BELIEVE ME AS I HAVE A STREET ROD THAT IS QUITE A BRISK RIDE. ANY WAY LET THE FUN BEGIN!

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
Congratulations..

Kinda sick how these things take over our thoughts for weeks on end. I still get a kick out of driving mine.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Congrats!!!!
Yep the waiting is the hardest, weeks seem like months. Edited by: Voodoo

·
Banned
2,530 Posts
Yeah, I think that was the longest eight weeks of my life as well.
Bruce, your friends sound like mine...like mine, I'm sure yours will turn out to be right as well...

Ox

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Congrats on the new addition.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Congratulations Bruce! Half the fun of a new vehicle is buyin' stuff for it.

Josh

·
Registered
125 Posts
Yea another "new baby".
Two Dogs

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
FRIENDS ARE FILLING MY HEAD WITH CRAZY IDEAS, SOMEBODY STOP ME! TRUCK IS ...REALLY NEAT... I CANT BELIEVE HOW SNAPPY IT IS WITH 200 MILES ON IT. LIFE IS GOOD!

·
Registered
132 Posts
you're lucky I ordered mine oct 16th through a dealer that sells 2700 trucks a year (huge dealership) and mine is still 5 weeks out about 16 weeks total. GM sucks if nissan or toyota only made a truck that could pull like a dmax. To top it all off someone hit my wife and toltaled my trade xmas eve. shes ok but now I need my new truck badly and the ladies ins co is tryin to screw me bad (progressive). gm needs to get their heads out of their arses. After this expierience i have pledged never to own a gm car again and if nissan or toyota come out with a compatible truck to dmax good bye gm all together. hello bmw and nissan or toyota

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
closs2sx,

What did you order? I feel like I'm in the same boat as you, except luckily no one has totalled any of my other vehicles yet. . . hopefully that isn't an omen. . . heh heh.

Dennis

·
Registered
612 Posts
congratulations on the new ride .... so far as aftermarket additions, (to quote StarTrec) Resistance is Futile, You will be Assimilated!

Jim

·
Registered
132 Posts
ordered an 04 indigo blue with tan leather lb7 2500hd ec short bed dmax loaded to the gills except for xm cause i dont like the silly antenna on the roof so i will add it and use a terk window mount antenna. its pretty hard these days to give away 45k gm sucks. and to top it off they change my order to an lly where does the customers opinion come in when they make these decisions.Oh you dont have to take it sir we will locate you one with an lb7. sure they can but I special ordered an indigo blue one because my trailer is indigo blue you cant locate one of those and now you cant order lb7. sorry guys i am very frustrated with gm at this pt. what ever happened to customer service? Edited by: closs2sx

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
closs2sx said:
sorry guys i am very frustrated with gm at this pt. what ever happened to customer service?

Well GM's customer service is probably as good as it gets in this day and age.

As far as your engine choice, GM didn't have anything to do with it. You can blame the Federal Gub'ment and the granola crunchers at EPA for the new guidelines that went into effect today.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts