Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a guy pick a race with me at the track in a new crew cab Viper Truck. I was driving my 8,000 plus pound 2005 crew cab dually 4x4 with a camper top. He spun and ran a 14.50.. I ran a 13.84.. I know this isn't exactly exciting, but it's hard to believe how slow a 50 grand "performance" truck can be. He said he had just spent 5 grand in lowering it, having an exhaust installed, intake, and new program. His best of the night was a 13.83. Kinda funny.. He must have gotten whacked bad if he paid 5 grand for those mods..

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
if the truck has a good driver it would have ran low 13's...

so sucks to spend 50k on a truck and not know hot to drive it..but w/ a good driver it's fast

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
If you're going to buy a truck, then lower it.....why not just get a neon in the first place?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Nice kill.. :ro) What track do you go to? BMP

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
The Viper truck crew cab auto's run 14.30's stock. The standard cab stick can run a low 13 stock.. Kinda crazy that there's that much of a difference.

My dually has a PS62 turbo, Dynomite diesel injectors, K&N intake, stock 4'' exhaust with walker muffler, Suncoast converter, HCS shift kit, and a 130 hp power pup. The truck could run a lower 13 with better programming, though I don't have a billet input shaft. I have a race truck, so I didn't want to put too much into this one until the fast one is finished.. I just wanted my tow truck to run 13's. Oh yeah, dodge tranny's do suck.. haha..

I go to Bradenton motor speedway in Bradenton, FL.

·
Registered
216 Posts
That's the same track i go to..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.