Diesel Place banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1995 GMC Suburban
17,734 Posts
I got the credit for the dud sensor. Now have to decide which brand to buy this time.

Having a similar dilemma with the distributor on one of my Caddys. Complete new turn key assembly for $80 or strip down rebuilt units for $150-$250 plus core. If I knew the rebuilds were high quality I would go that way no problem but my fear is they are all the same crap so I might as well get the complete one for a lot less money.
So which sensor that you got was the dud?
Just curious.

·
Registered
5,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
It was an AC boxed MAP sensor. With it installed I got like 11 different codes and a no start. My theory is its got a short that was dragging down the voltage so lots of sensors were kicking errors.

·
Registered
1995 GMC Suburban
17,734 Posts
Just FYI.
There are a few different MAP sensors categorized by 1 Bar, 2 Bar or 3 Bar.
I think you can go higher Bar but not lower.
In other words, you can use 3 Bar for anything because it has the highest voltage.
At least that is the way I understood it.
The 3 Bar is especially useful for truck that have mechanical Wastegate (TM) to trick it so that it does not code on over boost.

·
Registered
5,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Just plugged into the harness tripped the codes and caused no start so I don't think it was a range issue.

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Which bar gives us the maximum allowable psi? Before the ecm tells the ip to defuel... :)

Bar3?? Or bar1?

Eg I'm running an fvin intake and chip but I'm still using the svin map... I have been wondering about this. Still using a vacuum regulated wg.

·
Registered
1995 GMC Suburban
17,734 Posts
Which bar gives us the maximum allowable psi? Before the ecm tells the ip to defuel... :)

Bar3?? Or bar1?

Eg I'm running an fvin intake and chip but I'm still using the svin map... I have been wondering about this. Still using a vacuum regulated wg.
3 Bar

@57Diesel issue is bad sensor.
Yes, ACDelco is not immune but at least if it is working it should have the correct spec.
Another problem is "fake" products/parts.
Did you get it replaced?

·
Registered
5,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I got credit from Rock on the dud and ordered a Standard brand one instead. I wasn't sure what brand to get but the Standard one was from the same location as the other part I needed so that decided it. Historically Standard has been a good brand so hopefully it works out.

·
Registered
1995 GMC Suburban
17,734 Posts
I got credit from Rock on the dud and ordered a Standard brand one instead. I wasn't sure what brand to get but the Standard one was from the same location as the other part I needed so that decided it. Historically Standard has been a good brand so hopefully it works out.
Keep us updated.

·
Registered
5,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Got the new Standard branded one from Rock. From what I remember it looks identical to the AC one. No label or markings of any kind anywhere on the part.

You would think they would want to at least put a dot or scratch or something on them to identify them between production and packaging. I guess that goes on the box.

Have not driven anywhere yet but it starts and I was able to reset the light. At least this part was a little cheaper and so far works better.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts