Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a gooseneck trailer, what should i look at.

Basically i need alot of deck space and maybe 20k gvw. someones gotta have one that works well. will be pulling with a 3500 D/A, so no prob with handling, and ive pulled a 47' 5th wheel so corners shouldnt be a problem.

·
Registered
16,610 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
3 7ooo lb axles. If your gonna put alot of weight on it.

·
Registered
8,014 Posts
I looked a several options and did some asking around before buying mine, I wound up with a Millenium 9T GN trailer, tandem dual wheel axles steer better than triple single wheel in tight turns, electric brakes a must with breakaway back-up battery, I really like the Tekonsha Prodigy brake control it has a boost mode that you can set up to have the trailer stop the truck, my trailer also has splash lube bearings 18' of deck, 23' with dovetail area. Make sure plenty of places along the length of bed for binder chains or nylon straps to hook to, a intergral tool box for binder stowage is nice, and see how easily a winch can be mounted you never know if you might need to drag something up onto the trailer that can't climb by itselfEdited by: Turbine Doc

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
TurbineDOc says "tandem dual wheel axles steer better than triple single wheel in tight turns"

SAYS WHO???

·
Registered
351 Posts
Most dually trailers have (2) tens under them for 20K GVWR.

Most triple axles have (3) 7K under them for 21K GVWR.

Of course it depends on how the MFG rates them too but as a rule.

Towing triples get better mileage than towing a dually trailer.Edited by: Maverick

·
Registered
62 Posts
In my neck of the woods, Equipment Trader mag has quite a few nice trailers listed.

You might check http://www.equipmenttraderonline.com/ to see if they have any in your area.

On the tandem vs triple axle subject. With a load on, the tandem will turn easier and is easier on the tires/trailer. However the triple axle trailer will always ride smoother with less bouncing around of whatever you are hauling. Do you spend most of your time turning, or going down the road

1 - 7 of 7 Posts