Diesel Place banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of adapter would be best for pulling a gooseneck trailer with a 8000 lb hummer h1 on it? I have a pullrite superglide 16k 5th wheel hitch that came with the truck. There are a couple different kinds of adapters from what I've seen, but want to know what kind is safest and best to tow with.

·
Registered
236 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I only plan to haul with a gooseneck 1-2 times, so its not really worth the cost/hassle.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I looked on Tweety's and pull right actually has several adapters that range from $243-$485. All of them would be safe to tow with you just want to make sure you get the right weight rating.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the HI Rise hitch by reese.
Hooks to my gooseneck .works great

Link?

Is one of these better than the other? Any other options?

Attachments

·
Registered
220 Posts
Link?

Is one of these better than the other? Any other options?
I pulled a 40 ft Vintage GN for a few years. I bought the adapter like on the left in your pic, welded a universal Pull Rite adapter plate to it. Worked like a charm. I got all of the parts from Redneck Trailer Supply.

Pull Rite sells an adapter similar to the platform ball hitch on the far right. It sets on the pins that your fifth wheel hitch uses.

·
Super Moderator
5,983 Posts
I built an adapter like the part on the left so that I could tow my gooseneck flatbed with my 5th wheel hitch. I have a flatbed and I run out of stroke trying to use the ball in the bed. The 5th wheel hitch is much easier and also easier to see to hook up. Capacity is not an issue, I trust the king pit more than I trust the gooseneck ball.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
There is no way to lock out the slider portion of a Super Glide hitch so it will not work with any of the gooseneck converters. Contact Pull Rite to verify that. They have an excellent customer service department and may have a solution.

·
Registered
220 Posts
There is no way to lock out the slider portion of a Super Glide hitch so it will not work with any of the gooseneck converters. Contact Pull Rite to verify that. They have an excellent customer service department and may have a solution.
See my previous post. I welded a universal adapter from pullrite to the king pin adapter shown in the pic above. Worked fine. Helped with close turns with 8.5 wide trailer in a short box crew cab.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
See my previous post. I welded a universal adapter from pullrite to the king pin adapter shown in the pic above. Worked fine. Helped with close turns with 8.5 wide trailer in a short box crew cab.

Any pics of this? I also found one like this.

I'm hoping to have a setup like this. I want a lowboy to keep the center of gravity and wind resistance lower, and so I can load my lowered camaro onto it. The hummer is about 9000 lbs loaded and the truck pulling it is the one in my sig. Since I already have a 5th wheel hitch and I've heard they pull a little nicer than goosenecks, I figure I'd just get some sort of adapter. Any advice would be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
916 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts