Diesel Place banner

gooooop around front right arm

541 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  MDT 
#1 ·
i've had a pull to the right for a while, so i decided to have a look at it today while it was light out and all the parts around the arm where it attaches to the wheel is covered in a bunch of think putty goop, the consistency of warm gum. I have no idea what it is but i'm assuming it has something to do with the pull to the right. could oil and brake dust make this kinda goop, or is there a type of thick fluid somewhere in the parts of suspension or brakes that is leaking and causing this.

#3 ·
Your cv boot might be damaged. Thick green-ish grease in there. Boot replacment kit avail from NAPA about $20. 3 hours labor do DIY and ave a bundle.

Bad boot will not cause pulling.

As for pulling problem, the first thing I'd do is pull out, clean and re-lube the Caliper sliders. They should be a 10mm allen recessed in a rubber protection boot.

Also for the pulling problem check for worn bushings on the A-arms (control arms) and ball joints, tie rods etc.

'94 was around the crossover point for the improved idler arm, If your idler arm is attached to the frame by 2 bolts it is the old style(no good), upgrade to the newer style 3 bolts there are inexpensive retrofit kits avail. Usually when the idler arm goes bad truck turns normal in one direction and much harder in the other direction.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.