Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well being a bit reluctant about "new things" when I bought my truck 2 years ago, I was reluctant to try Rhino Linings. Instead I bought the so typical POS bed liner. with in 2 years its slip resistant cover was slicker than all heck. And I took a good spill off the tailgate liner on wednesday

Saturday I dropped my truck off for Rhino Lining install.......Never even gonna consider a bed liner again. Today was the test, 3 panic stops cause people insist on trying to have themselves T boned by me. Nothing in the bed moved an inch, It looks great, never ever have to worry bout what sand/dirt/salt made its way underneath the bedliner again.

Take my advice F*&K these POS bedliners.

Bill

·
Registered
276 Posts
ditto what he said...

If not Rhino, something sprayed in.

cadman_ks

·
Registered
14,321 Posts
I never liked the plastic liners in any of my trucks for all the above reasons and plenty of my own. I always wondered about the spray on liners, (you cant take it off, it's there forever) but it has to be better than the plastic.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I guess your preference will depend on your use. I think the spray in liners look nice but I need a lot of impact resistence. Heavy blocks, bricks, and tools are constantly being thrown at it. I couldn't imagine what the spray in would look like after a forklift pushed in a cube of 12" blocks.
In this case grip would be a bad thing. After mine gets destroyed I will toss it and throw in a new one.

·
Registered
14,321 Posts
Stizo

good point for the heavy duty users. speaking for myself ( i am a ***** when it comes to hauling) i dont need that.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Mike L. said:
... (you cant take it off, it's there forever) but it has to be better than the plastic.

Question: Why would you ever want it off?

When I got mine done, one of the guys that I work with asked me that very question. My response was, "If I wanted it off, I wouldn't have put it in there."

Regarding the heavy use thing. That's really a good point about spray ins. THINGS DON'T SLIDE AROUND, OR IN FOR THAT MATTER. In some ways that's a good thing, and in other's it's not. Just depends on what you want...

cadman_ks

·
Registered
448 Posts
If you really beat the bed to death, like dropping broken bricks from a backhoe into it, The toughest thing is a drop in on top of a Rhino. I like the Rhino because while it's not the prettiest it seems to be the best to keep things from sliding around. If you don't want a liner then the rubber mats like they sell at Wally world seem to work OK for light use.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hey all

I'm going to get Rhino'ed this weekend. I'm going with the gray as my '04 is dark metallic gray. My first diesel and my first Rhino, love the truck can't wait for the lining.

Hey jim, where in Jersey are you? I'm in central, Whiting, Ocean County.

Thanks all this site is so informative!

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
hog1340, Got my Rhino installed in Tuckerton about 3 months ago. Real happy with it. I know you won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Its has a resistance of 1700 psi, before it I guess would crumble/ break so unless your dropping cinder blocks/bricks off the top of the chimney in your house into the bed of the truck, you should be fine.

You can do it right the first time or try again later.....I learned now

Free bedliner available

Bill

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
TheChevyHDMan said:
Well being a bit reluctant about "new things" when I bought my truck 2 years ago, I was reluctant to try Rhino Linings. Instead I bought the so typical POS bed liner. with in 2 years its slip resistant cover was slicker than all heck. And I took a good spill off the tailgate liner on wednesday

Saturday I dropped my truck off for Rhino Lining install.......Never even gonna consider a bed liner again. Today was the test, 3 panic stops cause people insist on trying to have themselves T boned by me. Nothing in the bed moved an inch, It looks great, never ever have to worry bout what sand/dirt/salt made its way underneath the bedliner again.

Take my advice F*&K these POS bedliners.

Bill

Nice William..........

LINER-X is what I got, ya saw it..........Good Luck with it..

See Ya Saturday....

T
NY

·
Registered
76 Posts
Love the Line-X. Wears like iron. Wouldn't ever go back to a drop in liner.

·
Registered
326 Posts
hog1340 said:
Western edge of Warren county, just over the Delaware river form Easton PA.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I have to agree with both sides here. I have a Line-X spray on, but have had Rhino and drop in. The Line-X is great, but if I go get a load of gravel, I sometimes regret not being able to slide the gravel out with shovels towards the end. But, I don't regret it long when I consider the other times when I love having a spray in liner. Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
58 Posts
Have to agree....
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">

my Line-X!!!</BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
12 Posts
JimWilson said:
hog1340 said:
Western edge of Warren county, just over the Delaware river form Easton PA.

Hey Jim I think the tuckerton place is where I'm going this Monday. Can't wait to get it done.
Edited by: hog1340hd

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
hog1340hd,

It's a little off the beaten path in a small industrial park near the parkway. I think they do a real nice job. It's a father and son business.

Rich

1 - 20 of 30 Posts