Diesel Place banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im about to get 285/75/16s and i think im gonna get new wheels. i want something low key, not real flashy. i like h2s, i like mickey thompson classics, i like the eagle alloy series 186 and 187 but ive hear eagle has gone to ****. do yall have any suggestions? the only thing i dont like about h2s is someone whose never heard of them being put on a chevy might think its cheap and gay. personally i dont, i like them but im just having second thoughts. thanks for the help

·
Registered
327 Posts
H2s are 17" wheels. FedEx just dropped off my new set about 15 minutes ago!!! I don't know about the gay part, but you can get them cheap as hell. Set of four for the cost of one aftermarket wheel.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Get what you like. I have the 17" Dodge polished alums with 265/70/17's and I like them. All over on E-Bay as well as the H2's

·
Registered
613 Posts
Well, the nice thing about H2s as mentioned above is they are cheap...You can run them for a while and if you get tired of them take'em off for something else. I've been debating wheels for months now. I am going to go with the chrome H2s as it is the cheapest way to upgrade the truck. You really can't beat a set of rims for the price of one aftermarket, like blackduramax07 said. They do look really nice and clean as well, even better than a lot of aftermarket wheels!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Fed ex just dropped off my polished 08 H2s as well and I just ordered nbs GMC caps too. For the price, looks, and perfect offset it's hard to beat em.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ya thats true. i guess i have to decide what size tire i want first before i think about wheels. im debating on something between 285 and 305 what do yall think

·
Banned
1,769 Posts
i have the same set up as you do jackh, i would go with 285-70-17. even with my cognito setup and t-bars cranked i get a very ,very slight rub when turning into a swell. i couldnt see my truck with anything bigger than 285's. my buddy has h2;s & 305's and the tires look to big for the truck. he had to do some trimming{alot} to stop hearing it rub. plus 285's are very common. toyo,cooper,bf goodric,michelin,firestone,ect.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
what kind of tires do you have?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts