Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a good tranny shop to have install a transgo Jr. kit? some where in the houston area? im a pretty good do it yourselfer but i think i need to leave this to the pros.

·
Registered
9,606 Posts
I asked Joe at SC if they had any installer they recommended here is what he said.

Mace-a-matic Trans
Belton, Tx
Greg
long time customer, 1st class gentleman

Michael's All Trans
Houston, Mike
Have no experience with Mike, I have spoken with him by phone. Seems very
professional and knowledgeable. You could talk with him and use your own
judgement. I would appreciate your feedback.
Thanks,
Joe

·
Registered
16,971 Posts
Mike's All Trans is the place to go in Houston. I have sent numerous people to him and they have all been happy. He does great work and knows about the allison inside and out.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so im looking at about $300 for the kit and it installed? sounds pretty cheap to me.

·
Registered
16,971 Posts
Well then you have to buy fluid unless you plan on re-using your existing fluid. If you have done by a shop more than likely you will be looking at about:

$125 for the Transgo (depends on where you get it)
$4-8 per quart of fluid
$50-85 per hour for the install...

So that is a rough estimate of things.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wat all do i needa do to my tranny for me to run my evo on level 3? im now thinking just the transgo might not be enough?

·
Registered
9,606 Posts
At a minimum Transgo Jr and a converter it's good for 450 RWHP the Transgo Jr wasn’t meant to increase holding power.

·
Registered
16,971 Posts
I think in your situation that the transgo jr will be plenty. I am running alot more than that and mine is holding fine with no issues and shifts great.. Been good since day 1 of install and it learned quick.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts