Diesel Place banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in the experiences that folks have had with Chevy service organizations in North Metro Denver. I want to determine where I'll go for service before I need any.

Thanks.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I had a nightmare experience at Hajek in Longmont. Multiple trips, nothing ever fixed, culminating in the dreaded "it's normal" excuse for things they just didn't know how to fix.

I had the exact opposite experience at Davidson in Loveland (it's also where I bought the truck). All of my visits there so far have been successful, and they fixed all the supposedly "normal" conditions Hajek couldn't fix, including the steering rattle (they were willing to change the steering box bearing and Hajek wasn't). It's a bit out of my way, but ultimately it saves me time to not have to go back over and over trying to get something fixed. The only problem with Davidson is that last time I checked, they had no diesel tech. But none of my issues have been anything that required diesel specific expertise.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I dont have any direct experience with them, but you may want to try TransWest GMC in Commerce City - they seem to sell a lot of trucks. I dont know if they will work on a Chevy or not.

There used to be a good tech at Ralph Schomp in Brighton, however he has moved on to greener pastures. I am not sure where I will be getting my service work done from now either. If you have good luck somewhere please let us know.

Good Luck

T.J.

·
Registered
25 Posts
We just got our truck from TransWest. So far things seem to be going well. They said they just hired back thier best diesel tech manybe that is the same one that left. We ran it in for break grinding and things went well, although now the sound is back. They say the breaks need to "break in".

Trucks in today to get windows tinted and some other stuff. Since it's on the "Dealer" side my wife got a 04 Denali to drive around today. I told her life was rough.

We are looking forward to this dealership since we had major problems with a Ford dealer before we came back to GMC.

Good luck and I will be intersted to follow this thread.

Barkeep

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Been doing business with McCaddon's GMC in Boulder. Treat me well. Do have a diesel guy there but have not had any engine issues yet.

I did hear ther was a great truck place somewhere near Ft Collins or Greeley, IIRC.

Do a search.

·
Registered
429 Posts
gary,

Try Weld County Garage Truck City in Greeley. They have Diesel Techs. They sell a lot of Duramaxes. I bought my truck there and talked to a Tech about additional filtration etc., and he sounded knowledgeable. They have a shop that only works on light and medium duty trucks.

Josh

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.