Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1998 CCLB K3500
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently driving a 98 6.5 wanna upgrade to a duramax a dealer has one in now I could get for 12500 CAD after tax but it needs ball joints pitman arm and the airbag light is on from the front impact sensor. Does that seem like a pretty good price? 245000km on the clock minor rust good looking truck 2500hd 4 door 6ft box. Its had 3 owners 2 animal impacts on the front quite awhile back and one rear right accident totaling just under 6g.

·
Administrator
17,650 Posts
Thread relocated over to "Buying or Selling a Truck Questions" for more appropriate answers to your question

:thumb:

·
Registered
32 Posts
That truck has been run into too much stuff and has known issues in all the wrong places IMO. What are they not telling you? Sounds like it might be one of those trucks occasionally seen riding down the road that looks just a tad bit "off" from a distance.
Like, imagine your driving in your 98 a few lengths behind, both trucks driving straight down the road, single file in the same lane. You're obviously looking at the back of the truck since you're driving behind him but you're also somehow able to clearly see the front side of the truck. Not all of it though. Only from the cab forward. Ol boy has no idea why he's blowing through ball joints, tires and steering parts every year but he got a fantastic deal on the truck so it all equals out. Keep looking, man. You don't want to end up like ol boy riding sideways down the road in a crooked truck. lol

·
Registered
1998 CCLB K3500
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks dually, still not great at using the forum haha. Ya its 4x4 and that's about what the canadian dollar equals out to 8k. Interesting point about the possibility of it being crooked but the repairs were done through insurance so with our laws in BC I'd imagine they should've written it off if it were that bad. Good food for thought regardless if someone doesn't take it tomorrow maybe I'll get under it an have a good look. The 4x4 high also had a pretty good clunk once when I put it in on the fly doing 50 kmph but tried it twice more going slower and it went in smooth 4 lo went in smooth however.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts