Diesel Place banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from the local wal-mart! Mobil 1 trk & suv is back on the shelves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Only in 5w-30 format here though.-:t

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
They are coming out with a new Mobil 1 Turbo Diesel Truck (5W-40) oil, I believe they said in April.

Does anyone know if they are still making Delvac 1 synthetic 5W-40?

·
Registered
817 Posts
Cool.

·
Registered
5,861 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
here is the new Mobil 1 Turbo Diesel 5w-40
Amsoil makes a 5W-40 turbo diesel european car formula that has the CI rating. Been running it all winter with good results.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Amsoil makes a 5W-40 turbo diesel european car formula that has the CI rating. Been running it all winter with good results.
Are you sure it really does have a CI rating, or does it just have CI equivalency? When I was running Amsoil, they didn't have actual certifications on any of the full synthetics. I didn't really care, but I'm just curious if they have decided now to actually get the certifications.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Try telling that to the GM warranty adjuster "But...but...but, the multi-level-marketing salesman told me it was equivalent to API CI?"

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
A dealer in so-cal did some repairs for me last year, while at it an oil change also. A gas rated mobil-1 10w-30 was used, when I found out I had them call the factory to see if this was acceptable. FWIW the factory gave their blessings on this, seemed to be ok on all things with the mobil-1 label, no matter what the SAE/API rating was !

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just got back from the local wal-mart! Mobil 1 trk & suv is back on the shelves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Only in 5w-30 format here though.-:t
Rumor has it that it is only gas rated, I didn't look to make sure!:cookoo: But check my previous post!

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They are coming out with a new Mobil 1 Turbo Diesel Truck (5W-40) oil, I believe they said in April.

Does anyone know if they are still making Delvac 1 synthetic 5W-40?
Still making it! But the only place I've found it is at Petro truck stops, $28 a gal.

·
Registered
26 Posts
After further review, it seems Amsoil has changed their mind about the CI-4 rating for this oil. I could have sworn when I bought it it had that rating equivalency, but now it does not.

Still been running it all winter, with no problems.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts