Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's a good 4-6" lift for my 2007 Classic crew 2500hd 4x4, and what size rims and tires to go with. Not overly big, but looks more modern? thanks for any input. HH

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
If you Google your question I’ll post what are some people opinions.

Well this is a big controversy between the 4” or 6 “ lift.

Then everyone’s lift is the best.

Are you planning to install yourself?

Also if it’s a pavement Queen or actually being used?

Could call our venders and get there opinion on this.

You do know your going to loose about 2-3 mpg.

6” there’s cutting involved for this kit.

“Everyone that i know that has a 4" always wishes they had a 6". The good thing about most 6" lifts is they can be lowered to around a 4.5" lift and have perfectly straight CV angles with very little tire rub”

“Some will say I went 4" and regret not going 6". And some will say I had a 6” lift and wish I would have done 4”

People say 4" will actually help suspension geometry at pulls, and 33" tires can usually be balanced pretty well, not too hard to find a good wearing quiet tire in that size also, 6" may not find a street friendly tire to fill the wheel wells.

“Everyone that i know that has a 4" always wishes they had a 6". The good thing about most 6" lifts is they can be lowered to around a 4.5" lift and have perfectly straight CV angles with very little tire rub”

Google “Duramax best lift” “Duramax Kryptonite Vs. Cognito“ “duramax Zone vs Kryptonite” lots to read for days and you decide

Might want to look at “Tough country” also

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have had the Cognito 4-6" for the last couple of years and love it. I wanted to keep the torsion bars between the frame rails. The tech that installed it, who is also a Duramax guy, said that it was one of the best kits he had seen. I paired it with a set of H2 rims on 35's

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
I have had the Cognito 4-6" for the last couple of years and love it. I wanted to keep the torsion bars between the frame rails. The tech that installed it, who is also a Duramax guy, said that it was one of the best kits he had seen. I paired it with a set of H2 rims on 35's
Sure would be nice if you had some pic's of it in your garage...

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Cognito 4-6:thumb:
Non torsion bar, keeps the torsion bars hidden up no show, costs a little more but well worth it.

From what I was told.
The 4" you use your stock keys which you can crank up a little.
The 6" you'd use leveling kit keys, which I had and put the stock ones back in.
I had already installed the Cognito UCA's and pitman and idler arm a couple of years before I finally decided to lift'er.

Other lifts told me I'd have to re-move my UCA's and put the stock ones back on, that wasn't going to happen.
So Cognito was my choice.

Reactions: roswell
1 - 5 of 5 Posts