Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know people here have their preference on where they get their diesel. It seems like the price of gas goes up and down but diesel stays the same. I pay $1.79 for diesel at Mobile 1 and I think it is pretty clean. I have seen diesel as low as $1.62 at some stations but I don't know if I should try it. I see alot of people that go to stations like that so I know that the fuel doesn't stay there long. What places do you all go to?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Marathon, $1.49

·
Registered
149 Posts
I usually fuel up at the local BP($1.39). Its fresh (lots of business). I think that's the important factor, freshness I mean. It's not what brand/type of station it is.

·
Registered
43 Posts
BamaFan said:
I usually fuel up at the local BP($1.39). Its fresh (lots of business). I think that's the important factor, freshness I mean. It's not what brand/type of station it is.

ID say BP as well since thats what we use at the plant:)

·
Registered
490 Posts
Local Sunoco, freeway station has it for $1.599, it is a new station, only 9 months old. I also get it at a local distributer that has two stations and sells a lot of diesel. Their current price is $1.529, and has been stable for about 60 days. Regular gas is running $1.599 in our area of Ohio.

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
its about a 1.44 here. I try and get it at Crystal Flash, which supplies our BP's here. They are on board with us on the clean fuel stuff

Eric

·
Registered
361 Posts
Not really any Cheapo stations here except Myers and they are often more than the majors. No BP's near home. Been running around 1.49 at mobil etc. Theres a Sunoco staion about 15 miles away thats always at 1.39. It was 1.39 a month or so ago when every one else was at a 1.64. Fuel prices have been crazy this year. At least Diesel is consistantly less than gas this season. Last year diesel was .06 more per gallon than regular all year
Edited by: BlueMaxxxx

·
Registered
612 Posts
Fuel City Truck Stop on I-40 at exit 152 (west of Durham) jumped from 1.399 to 1.419 over the weekend

Flying J on I-40 at exit 150 1.419

Raleigh BP/Amoco on HWY 401 South of Raleigh 1.419

others in this area go as high as 1.499

Jim

·
Registered
212 Posts
Flying J here. $136.9 and three Conoco truck stops. All the same price. Did shoot up about two weeks ago to $1.45 but came back down in about a week. Thought maybe it was snowing up north.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
$1.39 at the Shell truck stop. It is fairly new (2 years) and gets lots of truck traffic, mainly txdot base haulers.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Wait until this winter It'll go up in price, it always does.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
a64pilot said:
Wait until this winter It'll go up in price, it always does.

As soon as it got cold here, the prices took a 10 cent increase. Im hoping thats the only jump we get.....

·
Registered
97 Posts
Our winter last year was colder than usual which impacted prices even more.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I paid $1.62 at the BP two weeks in a row. The Mobil in Eaton Rapids where I fill up at quite often is $1.59. I see the Citgo truck stop I pass every day is at $1.59 also, but they fool with the price a little if you don't pay cash there.

Those of us in the more northern states will see fuel price run a little higher in the winter as diesel competes with fuel oil for heating purposes.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Hey I just Bought a Golf Cart with a Lift kit and P/U Bed from Evans in Eaton Rapids for my Deer Camp ! Its a Heck uva a lot of fun and rolls through the woods Great ! Small world huh !

·
Registered
432 Posts
$1.59 here in Brentwood, CA (the other Brentwood, where no White bronco's are allowed) LOL

Station sells a lot to contractors locally hauling backhoes and those small bulldoziers and such. lot of gallons pumped.

Best regards

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I purchase from a discount am/pm stn near I80. So far, no problem. It only has a single pump so the wait can be frustrating. When a tanker is in, I usually ask if he has dumped diesel yet. Usually, he'll hold off until I clear the pump. If the dump has already occurred, I drive to a Union 76 just down the interstate. I do have some good feelings about my pre oem filter tho.Edited by: ShumDit

1 - 20 of 25 Posts