Diesel Place banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a gold Superchip from EBAY. It was on a '99 F-250. I hope to use it in my '00 Excursion. Does any1 know if it'll pop right in, or will it need to be re-flashed. I paid just under $200 for it and thought it was a fair price even if I have to re-flash it. The Excursion is stock now. I am hoping for MPG's better than the 15-16 I get now. It runs OK, but I thought I'd help the SUV with the P-envy it feels next to my Ram :). I've also heard it will firm up the semi-sloppy shifting I feel now.

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
It will have to be reprogrammed.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I called a local Superchips dealer: Central Motive Power in Denver. They said they will re-zap the chip to my specs for free!
Thats just a word we dont here enough of these days. Anyhow Im real anxious to see just how cured this truck will be. Naturally I'll push it to the limits of the stock exhaust set up. MPG's really are my biggest goal. After all , the Excursion gets groceries, runs some girl scouts around and dresses up the driveway most of the time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.