Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just found out thursday about a new dyno in raleigh nc about 2 hours from my house.got an appointment set up for 10 am.going to head over and try to get some lift pump data.ie... seeing what various pressures and pumps will give me.just planning on #2 runs but il take the drugs with me.my brother is going and i am sure he will use the drugs.i am taking a power pup,a duramaxamizer,and a tst power max. he will have the ppe race a duramaxamizer and the tranny destroyer.i will let you know what i find out....jess Edited by: king d

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
get some good info ............we need some

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Gonna try out a tts extreme and see what ya come up with..... looking forward to your findings, maybe it will setttle the natives down around here
Later Jeremy

·
Registered
10,516 Posts
GO KING D GO!

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
heartbeatcanada said:
Gonna try out a tts extreme and see what ya come up with..... looking forward to your findings, maybe it will setttle the natives down around here
Later Jeremy

Hope not ....

Mac

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
<DIV>WISH I COULD BE THERE: </DIV>
<DIV>a few thing boxes came this am threw fed ex,still waiting on a reply from the pm kingd</DIV>
<DIV>FRED</DIV>

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
KING D IS DONE DYNOING FOR THE DAY, IM SURE AFTER HE WAKES UP AND GETS RID OF THE HANG OVER HE WILL POST HIS RESULTS

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
first off no extreme to try out,havent got one yet hopefully very soon.as i said i took a pup ,truck did like 360 hp with it,stacked a dmizer on it and did 405.took of the mizer and stacked the pup and tst comp ,comp on power level 9 but 0 on tq enhancement and did in the low 460 and low 870s.turned the dmizer on and went to about 470 and 880.well then lowered the fuel pressure from 10 psi to about 4 and tried it again.hp went down about 50 hp and the torque dropped over 150 lbs,and as far as smoke i have never seen more smoke out of a cummins.i think it was just plain out to much fuel to burn.shoul have shoot some nos on it in hindsight to see what it would have done,oh well. did learn something useful 10 psi doesnt equal more fuel flow than 4 psi.didnt really see honestly were extra fuel helped me on this today only were to much of it hurt me.perhaps with different programming ,and different fuel maps i would have gotten different results.oh well nothing ventured nothing gained,beats sitting home.....jess

·
Banned
2,067 Posts
Go change your oil!

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
THANKS FOR THE INFO JESS,---------WONDER IF THAT GUY GOT THE COBRA CLEANED OFF????

·
Registered
494 Posts
KingD you say extra fuel hurt but when you turned the psi down the hp and tq went down? I can't make heads or tails of what your saying. I haven't seen 1 truck yet that made a difference on a dyno with a lift pump but maybe someone with a bunch of extra filtration would.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
CPMac said:
KingD you say extra fuel hurt but when you turned the psi down the hp and tq went down? I can't make heads or tails of what your saying. I haven't seen 1 truck yet that made a difference on a dyno with a lift pump but maybe someone with a bunch of extra filtration would.
cpmac, you ever taken a regulator apart?i hadnt before the ohter day .did it for giggles and found that when i use the valve to create more presuure it also makes the flow ports much smaller,thus by using lower psi it appers that the fuel will flow more thrue a given point in time.i wasnt for sure so i talked with the guy who operates the dyno and works will fuel pump presures quite a bit.he also said that the higher pressure you run with the regulator the more you restrci the flow of the fuel.sounds like an oxymoron i know,but when i opened up the flow thus reduced restiction and lowereing psi the hp went down and the smoke went thrue the roof.hope this helps.not saying that i am not wrong but i think i am correct on this...jess

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
also while running the lift pump i compl;etly eliminated bursting on the tst power max,before the pump it would burst.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Jess

The Pup works fine, had to call Jon to get me on the rite track. Didn't hit hiway just back roads and 1st level works good, will try the other tunes when streets dry up. seems a lot more tourque-er tho. brake it an get boost up before leavin an it pulls a lot better. Defuel seems a little longer but maybe this is just me. Will keep you informed

Geno

·
Registered
185 Posts
King D:

Are you running the latest version of the TST Comp?

·
Registered
310 Posts
I don't think I understand, or I just don't agrre with your press/flow statement.

I think it depends on where you are measuring fuel pressure at. If your lift pump is first and the regulator is right next to it, and you are adjusting fuel pressure upwards and it is measured downstream of the regulator (like after the OEM filter) then flow rate must have increased t oshow increased pressure at that point in the system.

If your regulator is in the location mentioned above and you're measuring pressure between the lift pump and regulator, then I could understand that increased restriction in the line would show increased pressure, but only before the regulator, not after. I wouldn't want a regulator that increases pressure at the expense of flow rate.

·
Registered
494 Posts
If you have a gauge behind the regulator and you increase psi you have at least the same volume (but most likely more). If you can sustain psi at that gauge you have enough fuel. And yes KingD I have had many regulators apart.0

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i very may well be wrong cpmac but i disagree .to create psi you must restrict the regulator right thus restricting flow of fuel right?also look at what pumps say like a red for example like 67 at 5 psi and 110gpa at freeflow or 0 psi.i called holley and that is what i got out of it,still may be wrong but if so i just dont understand....jess

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.