Diesel Place banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I appreciate the responses to the "SB vs LB" debate and have decided on the LB. Many more reasons to do so for only a couple of hundred dollars more. I also appreciate the responses to my other posts.

I have my price in hand I am willing to pay and prefaced by fax to 5 nearby dealers. 4 are willing to pay at invoice. We have our list sorted and plan on closing a deal with one of the dealers tomorrow. I will be looking at getting the high idle and white exterior painted door handles put on by the factory. I will also be looking to make sure the trailer brake connector comes with the truck. I plan on negotiating a credit toward 265 tires by trading in the stock tires and wheels upon delivery to the dealer. Already purchased Wheel-to-wheel WAAG bars shot with rhino and series 145 Chrome Eagle alloy wheels for the dealer to install.

One more question for now: Anything I should be trying to obtain that is not a normal option on Chevy.com or be aware of when I order tomorrow? Late post, but thanks anyway.

·
Banned
2,530 Posts
Dual Alts...bed rail caps...Cab steps to sell, if you get the truck at invioce, you get the steps at invoice, you can then hook someone else up with a good price on them, just a thought.

Ox

·
Registered
6,995 Posts
I would stay away from getting the factory steps to resell because at $495 MSRP - 10% invoice, I don't think many would buy them at $450.

What kind of deal will the dealer make on the trade in tires, most don't give u much credit so u might keep them and resell on your own.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
I'm also ordering a new 2004 right now, and somewhere someone said they ordered it with the color keyed handles? how did you do that? I wanted mine without all the extra stickers and junk but with the colored body stuff...

I'm also ordering the following:

GMC 2500HD CC SB D/A- LLY

Skidplates, SLT package, Dual alt's, power camper mirrors, camper wiring, trailer package, is there anything else?

What about "required" updates needed to the thing? air filter? additional fuel filter? LineX?

And where was that guy that could look up the production dates??

Thanks!

·
Registered
29 Posts
You can't order color-keyed handles for the factory. The dealer can paint the ones on the truck or you can order Denali handles to match or have them painted if you don't want the texture. Or order Escalade handles if you want the Chrome Pulls.

Oh, and there are currently constraints in place on all colors except Red, Black and Carbon.....

Edited by: martyb

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I did it and we got a good deal. I got the truck for straight invoice, which is very satisfactory. I did talk to the sales manager and service manager about the 265's and said it would not be problem. They will back me if there any problems develop. They will also tortion up the front and reclaibrate the truck for the bigger tires. I ordered everything that I wanted except I decided against the XM and dual alternators. We got the 6 disc player and will use it frequently no need for the XM. I will be putting in an aftermarket DVD, Playstation and dual screens in the future. Total additional amps of about 20 amps. Did not see the need to get the extra alternator. Anyone have solid advice on why to get the second alternator? I can always call tomorrow and modify the order. I tried to color match the handles, but they could not do it. I will have to buy tahoe handles or have the black ones painted. I did get the chance to drive a 2004 2500HD CC D/A Ext. cab LB. It is nearly as long as a CC LB. The truck rode like a dream, so I defintiely ordered the the CC LB. The truck should be here in about 10 weeks. Can't wait.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I ordered Silver Birch recently and my Sales Manager this morning told me that the only colors available at this point in CC's are Red, Black and Carbon. All other colors are not available right now. Next week it might change, but anybody with an order in on any other color will be getting pushed back.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Ya, why the second Alternator???? My only mistake ordering, I didn't get the DIC....somehow that doesn't sound right. Good luck with your new buggy, your going to love it.

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
martyb said:
I ordered Silver Birch recently and my Sales Manager this morning told me that the only colors available at this point in CC's are Red, Black and Carbon. All other colors are not available right now. Next week it might change, but anybody with an order in on any other color will be getting pushed back.

Red would be my FIRST choice

The Carbon Metallic is very nice as well...........

Good Luck to you,

T
NY

1 - 12 of 12 Posts