Diesel Place banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I already have a 4" turbo back mbrp exhaust system,but considering going to a in bed 6" or 7" mitter cut stack. Anyone ever went this route and if so what are the pros and the cons of this.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a single in to 2 through bed stacks. I like the way it looks and sounds. Its a single hole in the bed, a T pipe, and out and up to the stacks. They are chrome angle cut stacks. I have a 1/2 inch hole cut in the the pipe at the elbow to turn up to the bed for water drainage. Also the whole system has a slight down ward grade; the front most part is slightly higher than the elbow, to keep water out. I've never had an issue with water sitting in, or filling my pipe. The only issue I've had is blowing black, watery soot crap all ove my freshly cleaned white truck after she gets a bath.

·
Premium Member
2,969 Posts
Had a 6" MBRP single stack and went back to a 5" regular system. It looked and sounded cool, but in the end the noise got annoying and blowing black soot all over your truck and trailer really sucked. Don't miss it at all. Think long and hard before cutting a hole in your truck. If you tow anything or live in a rainy climate, I would say don't do it. Too big of a mess.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Cummins like to stack

Once you get past cutting the hole in the bed, you have to deal with the noise. I personally liked it on the cummins, but when I would get home from work I would ask my wife if my truck was still running after I had been home for 2 hours. It's quite the rumble.

·
Resident Gynecologist....
4,267 Posts
Cummins like to stack

Once you get past cutting the hole in the bed, you have to deal with the noise. I personally liked it on the cummins, but when I would get home from work I would ask my wife if my truck was still running after I had been home for 2 hours. It's quite the rumble.
PARDON ...........................................

WHY ARE YOU YELLIN???? :p:

·
Registered
262 Posts
PARDON ...........................................

WHY ARE YOU YELLIN???? :p:
Oh yeah. She'd always gave me a look. I'd have to explain I don't mean to yell.
I will not put a stack in the duramax though. I take to many trips in it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.