Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a set of go rhino full length polished stainless steel step bars for a 04 gmc crew cab long box. The ones that go all the way to the front of the rear tire. The parts store here in town wants $380 can anyone get a better deal? Edited by: edgey dmax

·
Registered
362 Posts
Sounds like a pretty good deal for the SS wheel to wheel bars. Mine are chrome and I have seen them over $500 for them. Are they the modular (2 piece) or the single piece bars? Mine are the single pieces.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice looking truck! I can't wait for mine to come in the bars are the single piece. What are the green keys you used to raise your truck 2"? Mine will have yoks on it before it makes home to my garage I love them tires in snow I have had them on both of my preivious trucks.
Edited by: edgey dmax

·
Registered
549 Posts
How are the Go Rhinos as far as being usable? I have read that the Westins are too close to use at times.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Tex I asume you are asking if there is room for your foot to step up? I think they are as close as they can be with out your shoe rubbing which I think they are just right. I don't care for the ones thAt stick way out or hang low. Then again too close is bad too IMO. I will have to say that the chrome isn't the greatest with the GR. I detail on the side and my truck is always kept clean and even sits in the garage all week and I am still constantly polishing and waxing the chrome to keep it from rusting. They have a 5 yr warranty on the chrome but I don't think they will come close to making it that long!

edgey, the green keys are the torsion bar keys from a 1500 series truck (non HD). They are indexed a little different and allow the truck to ride in the lower portion of its travel thus lifting the front of the truck. Similar to cranking your stock torsion bars for lift but a little different results.

·
Registered
549 Posts
That is exactly what I was wondering. Have you seen the Westins to compare them to?

·
Registered
362 Posts
I haven't seen the Westins in person on a HD but now that you mentioned the fit I will have to look into it because I was going to get some Platinum wheel to wheels to replace these rusting Go Rhinos. If they fit like the Go Rhinos they will be the cats ass! I couldn't pass these up, I bought these GR off E-bay NIB for under $200 delivered!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts