Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Just got my ALDL USB + GMTDScan Tech from EnghMotors.com. Looks great, and I am hoping to get some data from the PCM on my 1995 Burb. (NoStart, but thats another story...)

Unfortunately, no matter what I did, the software kept testing OK with the ALDLUSB cable thingy, but couldn't connect to PCM :-(

Drivers are nowhere to be found on www.enghmotors.com and _should_ install automatically.

Anyways, for those of you, who might experience similar issues, here's the link for the correct driver for Windows from FTDI (manufacturer of the chip): http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/CDM/CDM20814_WHQL_Certified.zip

Manually update drivers for the USB ALDL/OBD1 Interface, that show in the DeviceManager of Windows, on you should be good to go.

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
Thanks, I'm hoping to get one soon and I'll save that link.

Mark

·
Registered
605 Posts
Mine was doing the same thing but the problem wasn't drivers. It was a dirty connecton on the trucks connector. Mine is a 94 that had never been connected to a scanner since new. Cleaned it up and all is well.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
np, just thought I'd share my info/experience; afterall I'm leeching info from this forum for some years now... 'bout time, a lil'info went the other way :)

·
Registered
1995 GMC Suburban
17,798 Posts
Good info!!

When I installed mine, it automatically search for the driver and install it.

I know some computer does not do that, though.

·
Registered
927 Posts
How long did it take for the cable to show up after you ordered it. I ordered the cable and license on Jan 23rd and have still not received the cable. Bought from engh motors.

·
Registered
1995 GMC Suburban
17,798 Posts
How long did it take for the cable to show up after you ordered it. I ordered the cable and license on Jan 23rd and have still not received the cable. Bought from engh motors.
engh motors is in Sweden. I am not sure how long it takes to mail things from Europe. I got mine from another member.

IIRC, pmdcable is the US Distributor but I am not sure if he can supply the cable or not.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As said, EnghMotors is in Sweden, so we're practically neighbors. LOL.
I got mine within 2-3 days...

It depends on what kind of postal service or freight courier Engh uses. If I order from i.e. RockAuto, I get my stuff within 3-5 business days with FedEx or UPS. Couldn't imagine it be a problem to send to other way around. :D

Don't you have a Track'n'Trace number? Maybe shoot Engh an email...

·
Registered
927 Posts
OH, where are you located? Edit: Oh, now I see Europe member below your avatar :doh

We have exchanged a few emails. They mailed with no tracking. He just said the cable shipped out from them on Jan 24th, the day after I ordered it.

I'm not sure how long I should wait before I dispute with paypal/credit card.

Paypal give me 45 days.

Thing is, i've had the software installed and ready since late January and am ready to time that IP!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts