Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Talk about base truck color picking up other colors. My Carbon Metallic GMC picks up other colors to. When parked by the grass or trees it picks upa greenish tint, guess its the Metallic flakes in the paint that reflects other colors into the clear coat. Its a nice effect anyway.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hi Bill. You are right about the Carbon Metallic. it is always changing colors in different lights. Definately a big plus off the color. BTW, does the Metallic shine of the color help disguise any of the dust or scratches a truck may develop???Edited by: bowtiebob

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Carbob Metalic shows the dust and scatches easily. A couple days after a good cleaning it looks a mess after a heavy night dew. Silver Birch would be much better in this respect. Mt personal opinion.There was a time I'd clean it every day but I'm 75 now and a dirty truck doesn't get me all excited anymore. My grandson has a Dodge Cummins and always reminds me my truck is dirty so I just tell him where the wash material is but he doesn't do anything. Love my truck though. My buddy friends say the old fart (me) is losing his mind. There kidding of course, I hope. BG

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I'm on my second pewter truck. At first, I wasn't crazy about it on my '01. When I realized how good it was at hiding sin, it grew on me quickly. My blue dodge was quick to get desert pinstriped, as I travel many narrow, poorly trimmed laneways. The pewter stays looking great. Granted, everybody and their brother has a pewter truck, perhaps why GM got rid of it, but it sure looks nice when its clean and shiny. Second place was my white '95 6.5 'burb. White also hides well. I think the metallic colors look better when clean - more depth. My .02

Ty

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hey Guys. Thanks Bill for the opinion about the color. It is a beautiful truck when it is clean, but considering that I work in an orchard and live in the country, I would really prefer something that holds the wash job a little better.

Ty, I too liked the pewter, but it was so common it kinda turned me off to it. Now, I am really starting to like the Sandstone. Very unique, metallic, and holds the cleanliness well. I think with some chrome nerfs and some white letter tires, that would be a damn good looking truck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts