Diesel Place banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm still looking for downpipe adapter to go from a GM-x turbo to an H1C.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Racedaymechanic is making adapters again. but one for your turbo should be a simple tight radius 90 elbow with a v band flange on each end

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I pm'ed raceday and he said that he did not make the one that I need. I am not very good at fabricating so I was hoping that I could find someone who could make me one. The turbonators said that they had one but they were not able to find it when I last talked to them. Thank you for your offer sctrailrider. One day I would like to see your truck, we are not that far apart.

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
The one that raceday makes fit my H1c.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So you put a H1C in place of a GM-x and raceday made your adapter? Would you mind if I use your name with him?

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
Yeah it's the same adapter that he was making for the HX 40's

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Biggest thing is making sure the v band is same size as the outlet v band on back of turbo.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Big Bertha,

I know that there are differences in the H1C. Do you have any pictures that you could send? Mine is the one off an inter-cooled Cummins. It has the 2 1/2" flange made onto the turbine housing.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
You might call Bruce, ask if you did purchase his kit and you found for sure it wouldn't fit, he might take it back ???? I would try his kit and see, if it doesn't fit yours, just list it here for sale and then try a fab shop????

I might have missed it, but what are you putting all this in.....

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've got a lifted 1992 Suburban that I put a 6.2 in. It works real good and gets great fuel mileage but it is a little gutless.

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
Big Bertha,

I know that there are differences in the H1C. Do you have any pictures that you could send? Mine is the one off an inter-cooled Cummins. It has the 2 1/2" flange made onto the turbine housing.
I have pictures, my schedule at work is super crazy this week, I will get some posted tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks I'll be waiting.

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
Hope this is what your were looking for.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,490 Posts
Hope this is what your were looking for.
that is kind of an ugly transition inside there, and to think he upped the price even more.... the ones we built,(2 units for personal use, one gated, 1 not... just to be crystal for those that make a stink..:rolleyes:) we did the transition right off the back of the turbo.. not at the join to the down-pipe... must make a fair bit of turbulence....

·
Premium Member
12,490 Posts
finally found the adapter dixie, lots of cleaning and digging...:D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
Does the H1c have a 2.5" V-band like the HX40wIIs and HX35. Is this H1C essentially the small 12cm turbine housing HX35? Or the larger 18cm?

I imagine that the non-gated do not offset as far towards the engine as the gated. The gated need that offset.

I recently got a really nice offset and adapted elbow for an 18cm gated HX40 housing with the 3.5" V-band to 3" downpipe, from another member here with a talented friend.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Yes it does have a 2 1/2" flange with what I think is a 16 cm housing. It seams to be offset toward the engine alot. I got an adapter from the Tubonators that was real nice but I don't think that it's going to work in my application. I have done a straight axle swap and the shock tower seams to be in the way.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
I got Racedays kit for my WH1C. I thought like Tom said that the offset would be different but maybe not? Especially since Derek has it proven done.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.